• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flight

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only 12 years that drink beer to look cool complain about people drinking Budweiser to look cool :D

It's simply the best tasting budget beer out there, hands down.

OP - never heard of the film.

:doh:

Thanks for your input.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Only 12 years that drink beer to look cool complain about people drinking Budweiser to look cool :D

It's simply the best tasting budget beer out there, hands down.

OP - never heard of the film.

Seriously--Uber, what the hell are you talking about?

Denzel wasn't some wannabe beer aficionado douchebag. And he certainly wasn't going for "class".
The guy was an ALCOHOLIC. 24/7. He pilots a commercial fuckin' airliner while drunk and high on coke.
He was even boinking his fellow drunken stewardess (nice knockers, btw).

Pretty sure he will drink whatever he can get his hands on.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I rented this the other night. Redbox has it. Of course, if you got this far into the thread, the movie is already spoiled.

Uhmm: SPOLIERS below

I thought it was a well made film with a good cast of characters. Even the enablers are likable in their own way, which I thought was a realistic depiction instead of black and white good vs. evil. I found the way the lawyer/union rep got sucked into the mess and became enablers themselves was interesting. Also how the lawyer counted out the $500, handed it to the rep, and told him 'YOU pay him.' Blame transfer.

I also liked how you're not sure what to think of the characters until the situation developed. The movie starts with the ex-wife on the phone - you don't know what to think about her, you're not sure if Whip is cheating on her (until he says ex), you don't know who this naked girl is, you don't know who this red-head junkie is, you don't know what to think about all of it until it starts coming together.

The religion cameos were interesting. The church, AA, the co-pilot (which I DID see as a stylized caricature).

I could tell they did their homework on alcoholism to demonstrate real behaviors.