• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi Story trailer

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

I don't know if any of you guys know who James Randi is, but he is known for being a magician and skeptic. He's broken a few Guinness world records, believe it or not! However, he is perhaps most famous today as being a sort of "debunker" of psychics and charlatans. He advocates critical thinking skills and the scientific method and always wants to put the claims of psychics and such to the test. In fact, he'll give $1 million if you can prove to him that you have psychic powers in a controlled environment!

Anyway, the documentary seems like it will be about his life. I'm very interested to see what happens.

Adam Savage, Bill Nye, Penn and Teller, Richard Dawkins, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are all going to be making appearances in the documentary at some point.

Anyway, there's a Kickstarter for this here that's ending soon if anyone's interested. I don't know if many of you visit this section of the forum, but maybe some of you will stumble upon it. It's already funded and there are only 13 hours left if you want to donate (and pick up a copy of the documentary).

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I have no idea what the quality of the documentary would be like, but I love James Randi.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh boy, thanks for sharing. I love James Randi. And Penn and Teller. And most everyone on that list. I'm exceedingly interested to see this, I hadn't heard about it.

/DG/

Well, I have no idea what the quality of the documentary would be like, but I love James Randi.

Yeah, that's exactly why I've been a bit hesitant to give any money. I'm going to decide whether or not to donate when I wake up in the morning,

/DG/

Oh boy, thanks for sharing. I love James Randi. And Penn and Teller. And most everyone on that list. I'm exceedingly interested to see this, I hadn't heard about it.

To be fair, I have no idea how much the others will end up appearing in the film.

/DG/

Well I ended up only donating enough to get a neat set of playing cards. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, so I'll end up buying the documentary later when it comes out. Can't wait!