• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

House of Cards

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, and I want to post this about the Episode 1 incident:

BIG TIME SPOILER, DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN EPISODE #1

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

BIG TIME SPOILER, DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN EPISODE #1

Omg! Lol!! That was an awesome narrative of that episode. I love this show! I ended up binging on it rather than pacing like I wanted to. I must admit I hadn't read into it about the latter situation mentioned in your spoiler. Honestly, I think you should be writing web content - movie reviews and articles. No lie! That was a good read! >.<

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Omg! Lol!! That was an awesome narrative of that episode. I love this show! I ended up binging on it rather than pacing like I wanted to. I must admit I hadn't read into it about the latter situation mentioned in your spoiler. Honestly, I think you should be writing web content - movie reviews and articles. No lie! That was a good read! >.<

I just posted that Note on my FB account, if you still have access. (Some people here do.)

Now I have a girl crush on Molly Parker. Arggg.

MollyParker_Granitz_6722181.jpg

She is so awesome -- and on the show, Jackie Sharp is hard-assed without being sociopaths like Claire and Frank.

Curtis B

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is a great show. i've only watched up through season one, but the second one just came out. can't wait!!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I rewound the scene and rewatched it a couple times to make sure it really happened because it was so shocking in the moment. But in hindsight I agree that it was telegraphed.

I finished Season 2 a couple weeks ago and I like it, but it's not as good as True Detective. I think part of it is believability. I feel like it's just too improbable for anyone to actually pull off everything Frank pulls off in the first two seasons. Every plan of his that works is the equivalent of winning the lottery. The real political maneuvering inside the Beltway is more about incompetence and dumb luck than masterminding some grand plan.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that I've finally finished the show, here's my big question/musing:

As for what's coming up...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also a quick thought on Doug:

lue

Also a quick thought on Doug:

Agreed. Loved him so much.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agreed. Loved him so much.
:laugh: Glad someone agrees with me. I've been judged pretty hardcore for it by a lot of people.

Then again, Doug = The Creeperest of Creepers...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's true: She really rocked his world.

BWA HA HA HA HA

lue

:laugh: Glad someone agrees with me. I've been judged pretty hardcore for it by a lot of people.

Then again, Doug = The Creeperest of Creepers...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

It's true: She really rocked his world.

BWA HA HA HA HA
Yeah, poor guy really hit rock bottom. :(

lue

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SEASON 3 STARTS/ENDS ON FRIDAY

Got predictions?

Here's mine:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm three episodes in so far and partway through the fourth.

The opening scene for the season left me laughing -- it's so vintage Frank.

The most harrowing episode so far was the S3e3 (to me), where he's dealing with the Russian president. Just ... wow. And I don't know who that actor is, but he was quite intimidating.

Was kind of surprised at one plot twist that retcons something I thought had happened in the past... but hey, I think it makes for a great show. So I'm on-board, it's been interesting so far.

Also

Also, "good" characters on the show are few and far between... but I do really like Kathy, the Secretary of State. She's one savvy, classy lady... and it's surprising she hasn't been backstabbed horribly yet considering the vipers she is hanging out with.