• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was the first movie you ever bought (VHS &/or DVD)?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I remember as a kid thinking it was the greatest movie ever.

tmnt-asd.jpg

W

WALMART

Album: Third Eye Blind's self titled album and Bush's Sixteen Stone.

Movie? Geez. I'm thinking Saving Private Ryan.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1st CD was some cheap 50s mix cd. I think I was 10? Buddy Holly, Fats Domino, Richie Valens, Everly Brothers. Etc.

1st VHS- my bro & I pooled our xmas money, bought Ghostbusters 2.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Goonies was my first movie.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First CD was Violent Femmes from a pawn shop. First movie was a blank VHS cassette to rip off movies from the local rental store. You could get like 3 movies in shitty quality on one tape.

Beorn

Permabanned
First CD was Violent Femmes from a pawn shop. First movie was a blank VHS cassette to rip off movies from the local rental store. You could get like 3 movies in shitty quality on one tape.

That reminds me of the first CD I had burned. It was the Go soundtrack.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That reminds me of the first CD I had burned. It was the Go soundtrack.

Hah, I never heard of that movie. Those songs are 1990's hot.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I only remember the first VHS movie I bought as an adult: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

After my husband and I married, we didn't have a TV for the first few years. We finally caved and got a TV and VCR when I was pregnant with our third child. For awhile, we only had the one movie for the girls to watch. The son I carried at the time is now sixteen, but my husband and I still have a lot of that movie memorized, especially the songs. Ah, the memories.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
When I finally gave in to the demise of VHS, my first DVD was Pulp Fiction.

For about a year, that was actually my only DVD, so I watched it a lot. Once I was at a friend's pool party, and when things were wrapping up, I asked someone to hand me my wallet, and I was ready with the perfect answer when he asked, "Which one's yours?" :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
first cd was probably All the Pain Money Can Buy by Fastball... actually dug it out and listened to it a while back :laugh: if not that it was Eve 6's self titled album, which I also listened to...

first DVD was Reservoir Dogs... I never bought a VHS tape, though I do remember them quite clearly! :)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I didn't typically buy tapes or DVDs, I'd just get them from other people.

I do remember the first CD I bought though - it was Purple by Stone Temple Pilots.

Permabanned
think the first k7 I bought was for a zx spectrum game [I didn't actually have one, friends did], I forget what game it was, but i recall side-B had Platoon [was an offer/mistake/promo] does that count?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First movie I bought with my own money was a VHS copy of Dumb and Dumber. :alttongue:
First CD...I think something by Black Sabbath. I "inherited" a lot of CDs from my Dad, so it's hard to remember which were given and which were bought.