• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars 7

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now all Disney has to do is buy Star Trek from Paramount and combine both universes. That way, the Federation could use time travel to journey to a long time ago in a galaxy where no man has gone before...

Plus, it would be less awkward seeing JJ Abrams directing both Star Trek and Star Wars.

And among the fanboy community, we will have...peace...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Honestly, i can't see how the movies could ever be worse than the last three.

They can't, which doesn't automatically mean the new ones will be a worthy endeavor but JJ Abrams isn't terrible. Star Trek was good and Into Darkness looks promising as well. The circumstances could be much more grim.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More good news: John Williams wants to come back as the composer.

T

The Iron Giant

I recently watched the original version of Star Wars again and had a reasonably good time. The writing is weak, the acting largely terrible, and my 7yo accurately summed it up at the end as "boring." I found Episode I fine but not interesting enough for a second view, and I had some fun with Episode II but not enough to make me sit through Episode III. I'm curious to see what they do with the brand in Episode VII. I hear Harrison Ford is reprising his place as Han Solo in a "significant" role, and some think Fisher and Hammill are returning in some capacity too. I also understand that the plots of these three sequel films were already written and provided by Lucas as part of the Disney acquisition deal, but they don't follow the expanded universe.

I am not impressed by JJ Abrams. Trek was exciting but the (admittedly cool looking and scary) villain was two dimensional and lacking in believable motivations. So there.