• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Far Cry 3

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Good game (though not without faults).
Highly recommended for fans of First Person Shooters in the spirit of Fallout, Skyrim, etc.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't finished playing it because I don't have the time, but whenever I do, I enjoy it immensely (except for getting attacked by those pesky tigers and leopards). Though I really don't think it's quite the Crysis killer, graphically, but at least it really is an open world sandbox game much like Far Cry 2, except fun to explore.

I still would've loved to see a continuation of the adventures of the PC version of Jack Carver.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Did it ever end up with an option to turn the HUD and crosshair off?

Having screen info hidden until you absolutely need to see it was considered a big selling point by many fans of FC2

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Multiplayer is (or was, haven't tried it in three weeks, maybe they fixed it) awful though. Full of speedhackers and whatnot and lag issues.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Far cry 3

Just started playing it and wow .....pretty damn impressed. If anyone is disappointed by crysis 3 you wanna give this game a shot.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It gets much, much better as you go along. Better weapons, more ammo, etc.
It's a bitch at first. I couldn't stay alive for more than 5 minutes.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It gets much, much better as you go along. Better weapons, more ammo, etc.
It's a bitch at first. I couldn't stay alive for more than 5 minutes.

I'm finding it pretty easy to get into so far. I just love how it feels so immersive like hunting animals and collecting herbs.

KDude

Is there actual gameplay (goals) related to the hunting? Or is it more like Skyrim?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Is there actual gameplay (goals) related to the hunting? Or is it more like Skyrim?

Yeah there is you use the fur to buid holsters for your weapons and such to carry more guns and ammo. The graphics are quite beautiful on the pc I say pretty damn close to crysis and it actually feels like your in a jungle to survive.

KDude

Yeah there is you use the fur to buid holsters for your weapons and such to carry more guns and ammo. The graphics are quite beautiful on the pc I say pretty damn close to crysis and it actually feels like your in a jungle to survive.

Cool.

I only have a 360 or PS3, but I guess it'll be good enough.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I recently got this for cheap on PC and I agree it's a very entertaining game, I was surprised by it actually.

Also I love the bow and arrow, nothing more hilarious than the different areas you can shoot at and the enemies reactions.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

...Except you're some American Eagle model/Real World contestant douchenozzle in the game.

Surviving in the jungle, my ass.
That motherfucker wouldn't last two minutes.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I recently got this for cheap on PC and I agree it's a very entertaining game, I was surprised by it actually.

Also I love the bow and arrow, nothing more hilarious than the different areas you can shoot at and the enemies reactions.

Where did you get it for cheap?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't even finished this game, Crysis 3, or Bioshock Infinite. I've been so busy with shit. :(