• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Elder Scrolls Online.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I was browsing youtube and notice there was a video about the Elder Scrolls Online game. This is what I saw:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

I wonder if they will downsize the game. Quite sure the bigger fans would know more than me how big the second and third game were. Seems kind of epic if they'll be including 4 regions to one game.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Elder Scrolls is an excellent allegory for lost civilizations such as Atlantis, a combination of myth and magic, as well as death and destruction, and epic natural scenary, with grand artificially constructed architecture, the ultimate blueprint for adventure!

We should one day, with our futuristic feats yet to emerge later down the road to destiny, build a time machine and go back to visit Atlantis, as it is the closest thing we would get to a virtual reality experience of this amazing game.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, no shards. The system figures out how to get all your friends into the same gaming space as you.

S

Society

i am not sure why, the two genres of gaming aren't closely related beyond the commonality of open skilled systems, but somehow i expected an MMO based on a single player sandbox game to be an MMO sandbox game... so the whole thing about instances or "phases' as well as the dark age of camelot style PvP restrictions sort of pushed me back a bit at first impression (See, i am fine with 3rd world famine, corporations lobbying for wars, and facebook selling our PM convo's, but MMOs... that's the one thing i am idealist about). that's being said, i think that if i treat it as TES the multiplayer game in my head, its an awesome game indeed.

also, for those who fail to go onto youtube and browse the related category, here's another great info stab:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I predict that this franchise's MMO (although right now apparently only slated for PCs) will eventually make a successful leap to the consoles that will dominate the genre and make bookoo $.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's one review I saw:
'The Elder Scrolls Online': Stuck Between Identities, Failing at Both

end result:
The Good
Beautiful environment and character design • Tons of lore for franchise fans to uncover • Character customization sets it apart from more restrictive competitors

The Bad
Game design is counter to the franchise’s core values • Writing is verbose, repetitive, and unoriginal • Multi-player feels like an afterthought amidst so much single-player-oriented content • Doesn’t do anything World of Warcraft and other MMOs haven’t done just as well

The Bottom Line
The Elder Scrolls Online tries to please both fans of the single-player franchise and veterans of the WoW online formula, but each genre’s appeal is so counter to the other that The Elder Scrolls Online ends up average at best for both audiences.

Metacritic gave it a 72, which isn't horrible but far under expectation.
The Elder Scrolls Online for PC Reviews - Metacritic

á´…eparted

passages
Here's one review I saw:
'The Elder Scrolls Online': Stuck Between Identities, Failing at Both

end result:

The Elder Scrolls Online for PC Reviews - Metacritic

Seems like a fair review, I was looking at others earlier.

I fell in LOVE with skyrim this past summer, and was rather let down when I heard at how poor this game is in comparison to it. I wanted to try and get into it, but the negatives of it are keeping me from attempting it.

G

Ginkgo

I heard the PvP was pretty excellent, but since it doesn't tie into the core of the gameplay, it's easily overlooked. This could have been fixed if they created PvP servers like WoW did, but they didn't (presumably to mitigate negative reception from fans).

It's really a shame, considering the fact that Zenimax was trumpeting ESO as the "next installment" in the franchise, when it doesn't live up to the hype. Even if the gameplay was superb, the additions to the lore barely make sense. I mean - Argonians siding with Dark Elves? Orcs siding with Bretons? Wat?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sadly, I haven't touch it, only touched the "remake" of Final Fantasy XIV.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was interested initially, but watching gameplay videos only left a lukewarm impression.

I'd rather they made multiplayer available for TES VI via Xbox Live/PSN and set the game in Elseweyr, home of the khajiits.

Badlands to the north, jungles and rainforest to the south. Some of the bigger plot points could center around the drug trade and a crumbling alliance between Elseweyr and the Aldmeri Dominion.

I've played a sneaky khajiit since Morrowind. It would be fantastic to roam the lands as a native, hunting with your bow on the open desert plains or stalking prey through the thick jungle.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

Thx for that. Since MMOs always require investing a lot of time I'd rather choose them carefully. And wow, they also have a subscription model. Which century are they from again? :p
No, I'm going to wait until Warlords of Draenor comes out. Let's see if it got any better.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thx for that. Since MMOs always require investing a lot of time I'd rather choose them carefully. And wow, they also have a subscription model. Which century are they from again? :p
No, I'm going to wait until Warlords of Draenor comes out. Let's see if it got any better.

Depends, the subscription base tends to keep most of the ill-fated people from wanting to join. Of course, there will always be obnoxious people when it comes to subscription, especially in the really popular ones like WoW and FFXIV:ARR, but it becomes much more manageable when you take out most of the people that don't want to pay.

Like, the longest MMO I've ever played was FFXI, what kept me playing that game was because the community was one of the best and the way they made the story of each quests (it isn't just a wall of text.) And because it was subscription based, the game was updated faster than non-subscriptions.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I am HUGE into Elder Scrolls,!
but ESO is extremely unappealing to me.

i am much more excited for Wildstar.