• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grand Theft Auto V

W

WALMART

Wow.

Rockstar has reported this game to be larger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV combined. I think this will be the title we were waiting for since GTAIII.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rockstar has reported this game to be larger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV combined. I think this will be the title we were waiting for since GTAIII.

I'll bet that the majority of the world map is the forest area.

And I hope you're right, because I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The problem with GTA IV was not that the game looked too realistic, but the driving physics were too realistic, making the game more frustrating than anything.

We'll have to see, but after San Andreas, I've since preferred the Saints Row series as a whole.

I'm also disappointed that out of the three characters you will play as, not one is a woman...that would be a breath of fresh air.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I saw this earlier today. Gonna have to pick this up for the multiplayer alone.
And if the environment really is as large as Rockstar claims...Holy shit.

Addendum: Super lol at the train collision. How do they come up with this stuff?

W

WALMART

I'll bet that the majority of the world map is the forest area.

And I hope you're right, because I was very disappointed in GTA IV. The problem with GTA IV was not that the game looked too realistic, but the driving physics were too realistic, making the game more frustrating than anything.

We'll have to see, but after San Andreas, I've since preferred the Saints Row series as a whole.

I'm also disappointed that out of the three characters you will play as, not one is a woman...that would be a breath of fresh air.

I see you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Awesome.

But yeah, like San Andreas, mostly forest area. But I won't mind, as long as there are things to do out there, which I'm sure there will be. I didn't care much for the driving physics either, but once you got a hold of them they were okay. You're right though, it was hard to do those 'awesome' things you could do in the GTAIII series or Saint's Row.

I just saw a study a few days ago about female videogame leads... it showed something like if the female wasn't overexposed and 'sexy' gamers were proportionately disinclined to want to play as her. I wonder if Rockstar didn't want to go that route? Me and my female gamer friend have discussed under-representation of females in the GTA series. Maybe VI.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you are getting into the Christmas spirit. Awesome.

But yeah, like San Andreas, mostly forest area. But I won't mind, as long as there are things to do out there, which I'm sure there will be. I didn't care much for the driving physics either, but once you got a hold of them they were okay. You're right though, it was hard to do those 'awesome' things you could do in the GTAIII series or Saint's Row.

I just saw a study a few days ago about female videogame leads... it showed something like if the female wasn't overexposed and 'sexy' gamers were proportionately disinclined to want to play as her. I wonder if Rockstar didn't want to go that route? Me and my female gamer friend have discussed under-representation of females in the GTA series. Maybe VI.

Yeah, I saw the preorder box at Best Buy, which showed an image of a woman getting arrested by a lady cop...I was starting to get my hopes up. What R* could've done is have the lead character be a sexy ex-CIA agent or something -- that is, if they still wanted to go the ultra-realistic route. But even so, why not have a female leader of organized crime? But yeah, I think adding a female character (especially in a game that allows you to play as THREE OF THEM) would no doubt increase the gaming demographic.

And if the world map is supposed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined, why not just put the whole state of San Andreas back in again?

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
And if the world map is supposed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined, why not just put the whole state of San Andreas back in again?

Maybe they are keeping it under wraps.
Something tells me GTA V will have plenty of surprises.

I hope they return to the cartoonish ultraviolence that made Vice City such a kick.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Played practically all the rest of the GTA's in the series. This will be a masterpiece. I'm definitely going to buy it!

I saw this earlier today. Gonna have to pick this up for the multiplayer alone.
And if the environment really is as large as Rockstar claims...Holy shit.

I been playing just the multiplayer on GTAIV during spring of this year and took over the city - literally! If the environment, according to Rockstar, is really as vast as it claims, I'm really in for this. I can't wait!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Played practically all the rest of the GTA's in the series. This will be a masterpiece. I'm definitely going to buy it!

I been playing just the multiplayer on GTAIV during spring of this year and took over the city - literally! If the environment, according to Rockstar, is really as vast as it claims, I'm really in for this. I can't wait!

Rockstar has mentioned multiple times that it will be that big.

GTA IV's Free Mode ate up a lot of my time before I traded it in.
The airport spawn was pure insanity. I loved it.

And how many stoners play GTA IV?
Every other player had a weed reference in their username.