• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soundgarden -King Animal

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Don't forgot to pick this one up tomorrow I downloaded the leaked version and It's freaking awesome!.

W

WALMART

Yes, best album in existence. "A Thousand Days Before" started playing upon entering this thread. It is a sign.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yes, best album in existence. "A Thousand Days Before" started playing upon entering this thread. It is a sign.

My favorite songs on the album in order.
1. By crooked steps.
2. A thousand days before.
3. Non state actor.
4. Worse Dreams
5. Attrition.
6. Rowing.
7. Black Saturday
8. Eyelids Mouth.
9. Bones of birds.
10. Taree
11. Blood on the valley floor.
12.Been away too long
13. Halfway there. (Chris Cornell solo record?) lol.

W

WALMART

My favorite songs on the album in order.
1. By crooked steps.
2. A thousand days before.
3. Non state actor.
4. Worse Dreams
5. Attrition.
6. Rowing.
7. Black Saturday
8. Eyelids Mouth.
9. Bones of birds.
10. Taree
11. Blood on the valley floor.
12.Been away too long
13. Halfway there. (Chris Cornell solo record?) lol.

Solid list. I'm with you on Halfway There, lol. But eh, it's still not bad. It completes the genre-spanning theme I think they're going for.

I don't know if I can quite define them yet, but Rowing, A Thousand Days Before, and By Crooked Steps are definitely some of my favorites. The whole fucking CD just rocks.... though I don't know how I feel about Taree.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Solid list. I'm with you on Halfway There, lol. But eh, it's still not bad. It completes the genre-spanning theme I think they're going for.

I don't know if I can quite define them yet, but Rowing, A Thousand Days Before, and By Crooked Steps are definitely some of my favorites. The whole fucking CD just rocks.... though I don't know how I feel about Taree.

I like Taree it's bluesy and the song leads to a solid buildup at the end.

W

WALMART

I like Taree it's bluesy and the song leads to a solid buildup at the end.

I just bought the album and listened to it on my main sound system. It is beyond phenomenal, I think my absolute favorite is Rowing. Taree is awesome, but i still think it's my least favorite.

And yeah, Halfway There and Worse Dreams are the only two songs written entirely by Chris Cornell :p

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I just bought the album and listened to it on my main sound system. It is beyond phenomenal, I think my absolute favorite is Rowing. Taree is awesome, but i still think it's my least favorite.

And yeah, Halfway There and Worse Dreams are the only two songs written entirely by Chris Cornell :p

Worse dreams is a great song.

W

WALMART

The leaked version and the retail version have very small differences in song structure, most of it Chris Cornell just singing parts differently. I first noticed it on "A Thousand Days Before".

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The leaked version and the retail version have very small differences in song structure, most of it Chris Cornell just singing parts differently. I first noticed it on "A Thousand Days Before".

Haven't got the retail yet it's still in the mail, you sure you are not talking about the standard edition vs the deluxe?

W

WALMART

I just heard it on the radio as well and the longer version seems to be the real one, you are right he never says the line " A thousand days before" in the leaked version.

Ah, they're playing it on the radio where you are? San Antonio is a void of any quality music stations.

I've been listening to the entire Soundgarden discography on random including King Animal, and the songs fit right in ;) It's awesome.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Good song. I'm loving Taree right now that song really grew on me.
It might be weird but parts of this song in the vocals and some of the instrumentation sound like Mastodon to me (Crack the Skye era).