• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Indeed I do <3 Huckabees

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I just watched I <3 Huckabees. I highly recommend it.

I'd rather not give a synopsis of the movie, partially because I'd rather not give away the whole movie, moreso because as with all well done movies, the synopsis is not what really matters.

It politely reminded me that self-honesty is very important. I'm glad that I watched this movie when I did, because I'd been thinking alot about the nature of honesty. Of course, if I'm going to be honest with myself, I have to admit that I think this coincidence to be meaningful, and that I also think it is not. Therefore, all I am left with is that it is meaningful, because I believe it to be so. That's life though.

Nothing is okay, so it's okay. If it doesn't have any meaning in the end, then we're free to give meaning to whatever we see fit.

The thought is very freeing.

So all in all, I'd highly recommend the movie I <3 Huckabees.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
This is the existential comedy, not an endorsement of the ultra religiously conservative presidential candidate, right? :D

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Really? You liked that movie?

It didn't strike you as pretentious, or hollow, or so much nothing about nothing presented by non-entities? The dialogue didn't crawl about on your skin like some apologetic larva? The characterisation didn't make your own vomit feel queasy? You didn't cry blood, sweat bile or burst a single blood vessel?

At least you must have seen it for free, right? I mean no single human being could pay money to watch it, sit through it and enjoy the whole experience, right? You weren't just tortured beforehand and the only way you could stop being tortured would be if you saw the movie, were you?

But what do I know, I could only watch the first forty minutes before my own brain rebelled causing massive haemorrhages in itself forcing me into a coma for eight weeks.

Great thread!!

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ

It didn't strike you as pretentious, or hollow, or so much nothing about nothing presented by non-entities? The dialogue didn't crawl about on your skin like some apologetic larva? The characterisation didn't make your own vomit feel queasy? You didn't cry blood, sweat bile or burst a single blood vessel?

At least you must have seen it for free, right? I mean no single human being could pay money to watch it, sit through it and enjoy the whole experience, right? You weren't just tortured beforehand and the only way you could stop being tortured would be if you saw the movie, were you?

But what do I know, I could only watch the first forty minutes before my own brain rebelled causing massive haemorrhages in itself forcing me into a coma for eight weeks.

Great thread!!
Hmm. Nope. I enjoyed it pretty thoroughly :yes:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I hated this movie and I usually enjoy independent (but mainstream) dramas.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I could go on for days saying what I didn't like about this movie. But I'll just defer to Colmena's succinct review.

I did, however, enjoy Naomi Watts dressed as sexy Uncle Sam. BOY did I.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Did Wes Andersen direct that one? I like most of his stuff, but don't remember much of this particular movie.

Jive A Turkey

MBTI Type
INFP
Did Wes Andersen direct that one? I like most of his stuff, but don't remember much of this particular movie.

David Russell directed that one. He called my ole lady a couple of times to go out. I was all ready to kick his ass. I would have beat him with a beta copy of huckabees.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
The lot of you are uncultured swines.

I will have you know that I am highly cultured swine.

istockphoto_2689939_corporate_pig.jpg

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Great thread!!

I thought it was a bit shit.

I hated this movie and I usually enjoy independent (but mainstream) dramas.

I could go on for days saying what I didn't like about this movie. But I'll just defer to Colmena's succinct review.

I did, however, enjoy Naomi Watts dressed as sexy Uncle Sam. BOY did I.

Fuck all y'all haters. It's my favorite movie.

heart

heart on fire
David Russell directed that one. He called my ole lady a couple of times to go out. I was all ready to kick his ass. I would have beat him with a beta copy of huckabees.

Best response in the thread and a good use for the movie!

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I agree with much of the criticism, but loved the movie. I dunno... it was the right movie at the right time I guess. Just fit my mood and started me on some interesting thought processes. So maybe I didn't like the movie as much as my own thoughts while watching it. Same with Idiocracy (where I didn't accept the premise, found much of it stupid, but still loved watching it).