• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gamers: What video games do you consider practically unbeatable?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's impossible to get past even the 1st level of any game on the Atari 7800 console, let alone beat any of them.

7800.jpg

I've had the same system since I was 3 yrs old- a bunch of games.. and as an adult, still no success.

I'm beginning to think there are no other levels aside from an unbeatable first.. :thinking:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hated the fact that you couldn't save the games in the past. It just plain sucked.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I beat the hell out of some Super Mario Bros 2 (y'know, the hard Japanese one) back in the day because it seemed like a natural progression from the original.

I was having a difficult time thinking of challenging games, but the Japanese version of Super Mario 2 is brutal. I still haven't beat the last stage. (Note to self: go back and beat the Japanese Super Mario 2.)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS/PSV) - The puzzles are okay...until you reach the frickin' Q Room...Google dat shit!

Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (DS) - This depends on your interpretation of beating a game. You have to collect a bunch of "Sun Stones" in order to raise sunken islands and the last island you can raise requires 30 stones...and one of the stones requires you to ship every S-Rank item in the game! Otherwise, it's fairly easy to make money, get married, and sow seeds in your entire field.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories (PS1) - I agree with whoever posted this; that game was hard. ;w;

Slender (PC) - I don't know if this counts as a video game, but that game scares the hell out of me.

W

WALMART

Currently going through Mass Effect 2 on insanity. The opening security droids were just giving me trouble D:

I thought ME1 was hard....

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
europa universalis 3, while playing as one of the small poor Southeast Asian countries, you'll either go broke or get gobbled up by another country :cry:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
europa universalis 3, while playing as one of the small poor Southeast Asian countries, you'll either go broke or get gobbled up by another country :cry:

Haha I remember playing that game and reverting history. Being like "GTFO Spain! GTFO Portugal! Leave the indigenous peoples alone!"

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha I remember playing that game and reverting history. Being like "GTFO Spain! GTFO Portugal! Leave the indigenous peoples alone!"
:laugh: Yeah that is definitely one of the best parts of the game, used to love playing as the Irish nations, expanding to the Americas and coming back to thrash the English. I booted it up again because Europa Universalis 4 is coming out soon, can't wait!