• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gamers: What video games do you consider practically unbeatable?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The few Final Fantasy games I attempted to play all ended in fast failures due to the intense scrutiny to numerical details necessary to implement effective strategies though the little bits of storyline scenes I reached were fairly well developed but anyway those seem to me a games which requires extreme patience and calculation if you are to even begin conceiving of defeating them.

lol, I never beat FF10, and the only reason that I know how FF7 ended is because I saw my brother play it over and over again, numerous times.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't remember the battle arena. :huh:

I resent chocobo breeding, though, because a glitch in the chocobo breeding system in my copy of the game is what kept me from being able to finish it. :mad:
The extras are what makes ff7 exceptional. Btw, you could get a gold chocobo by killing the ruby weapon (the one that lives in the desert), but he's pretty tough to beat.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I couldn't even get two hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics. :laugh:

LOL, there were people who were able to beat the game with only the main character being a squire. :shrug:

How far did you get into the game? I've gotten my main to become a summoner, and my other closest leveling character was a lancer.

Ive gotten stuck on the Aries part and sort of quit there, me, another summoner, and the lancer were always the last ones to live.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried playing Super Mario Bros WII and quit out of frustration. I made it to the ice world and then kept dying, even though I'd collect several 1-UPs. I know that if you fail so many times, you can skip a level and go to the next but I consider that like cheating. I suck at platforming games like this.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
LOL, there were people who were able to beat the game with only the main character being a squire. :shrug:

How far did you get into the game? I've gotten my main to become a summoner, and my other closest leveling character was a lancer.

Ive gotten stuck on the Aries part and sort of quit there, me, another summoner, and the lancer were always the last ones to live.

FFT was one of my favorite games, but unfortunately I did everything that there is to do in it. Unlocked every class and all that. My Ramza was ridiculously OP and godlike by the end of it. Mimes were practically broken in that game as well.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@bold, :rofl1:

I LOVED ff10. I SOBBED for hours at the ending of that one. It's my favorite FF.
:wub: One of my favorites too. God, that plot twist in the middle was DEVASTATING to me at the tender age of 13.
Squall was too emo whiny for me. :ninja: But then again I am not some super cool te-dom chick like you two. (It was a bit TOO much like looking into a mirror for me. :whistling:)
:laugh:

I tend to have two types of game/TV/other media crushes: firstly, the kind that remind me of myself, except guys, and hot; and secondly, the ones who I think would actually be good for me if they were real. Example of the former: Squall. Example of the latter: Peeta from the Hunger Games trilogy. (I do love me an earnest NFP boy. :wub: )

I think Squall is an IxTJ, and I identified with him because of his angsty Fi inner monologue, that reminds me of my own occasional angsty Fi inner monologue.
Btw, you could get a gold chocobo by killing the ruby weapon (the one that lives in the desert), but he's pretty tough to beat.
Yeah, I tried a few times and never beat him. :dry: Gave up after a while.

Maybe in another life (so to speak! lulz).
FUCK THAT SHIT I do not approve of that!
I literally got two hours in. I wasn't exaggerating! :doh: It was the second fight of the game, I think.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FFT was one of my favorite games, but unfortunately I did everything that there is to do in it. Unlocked every class and all that. My Ramza was ridiculously OP and godlike by the end of it. Mimes were practically broken in that game as well.

Yeah, I went the magic route first because Black Mage was just easier for me to stay alive and kill rather than being on the melee route.

How did you start your main character?

Do you mean broken as in, not really the class to pick? Because that is how I felt with it just reading about it. I mean, sounds like a hassle to use.

FUCK THAT SHIT I do not approve of that!

I literally got two hours in. I wasn't exaggerating! :doh: It was the second fight of the game, I think.

Second fight, I don't think so, XD must be chapter two somewhere.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I went the magic route first because Black Mage was just easier for me to stay alive and kill rather than being on the melee route.

How did you start your main character?
I don't remember, that was quite some years ago. I do know that I trained him in Samurai a lot and ended up with a godly blade grasp that stopped 99% of everything, and I gave him reflect. I think he couldn't heal from magic but at the end he never got hit anyway. Blade grasping arrows for the lulz.

Do you mean broken as in, not really the class to pick? Because that is how I felt with it just reading about it. I mean, sounds like a hassle to use.
Mimes are the lethal joke character. Many people find them hard to use but if you're good at them they are super powerful. They also get some of the best stats in the game.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The original Ecco the Dolphin (though the PS2 one is mean as well).

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Not unbeatable, but Starcraft 2 on brutal mode is kicking my ass atm. I'm having to watch Youtube clips and going to bed with impotent fury clawing my dreams.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm terrible at nearly every video game in existence, yet I still play them. The first thing I do after buying a game is look online to see if there are any cheat codes.

My newest "unbeatable" game is Super Mario 3D Land (3DS). I can't beat the special worlds.

G

garbage

Ah! Almost forgot. Donkey Kong Country Returns.

The temples... Dear god, the temples... :cry:
I beat the hell out of this one, but not without a hell of a lot of effort.

Then again, virtually all I ever play is platformers. They're also the only games that I'm good at. Everything else is practically unbeatable. :shrug:

G

garbage

Except, fuck the Mega Man series. I get nowhere in any of them--though I fared well in Mega Man and Bass.

I'm about to conquer my first one, though: Mega Man 10. On Easy mode. I also managed to fight six of the robot masters without having weapons that any of them are weak to, which I'm pretty sure is actually impossible.

--

I tend to like games with a difficulty curve. If they lowball for me at first and teach me some general mechanics, then it gives me incentive to press harder when there's more of a challenge because I get the 'point.' Otherwise, I don't give a damn and it's not worth the investment.

I beat the hell out of some Super Mario Bros 2 (y'know, the hard Japanese one) back in the day because it seemed like a natural progression from the original.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a gamer, but I'll say this.

Here's my list:

Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories (PS1)

Beast Wars (PS1)

Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)

It's impossible to get past even the 1st level of any game on the Atari 7800 console, let alone beat any of them.

7800.jpg

I've had the same system since I was 3 yrs old- a bunch of games.. and as an adult, still no success.

I'm beginning to think there are no other levels aside from an unbeatable first.. :thinking:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's impossible to get past even the 1st level of any game on the Atari 7800 console, let alone beat any of them.

7800.jpg

I've had the same system since I was 3 yrs old- a bunch of games.. and as an adult, still no success.

I'm beginning to think there are no other levels aside from an unbeatable first.. :thinking:

My dad had this console stashed in the attic. It wouldn't turn on, so your assessment is right.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Never finished the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andres even though I really enjoyed the first parts, the story and the dialog. This was because lame/exceedingly difficult flying missions later on in the game.

Flying missions in GTA: San Andres: The remote controlled mini helicopter one was insanely difficult. Maybe the mini helicopter one took the air out of my sails because I gave up the game after running into more frustrations flying difficult to steer airplane through the hoops challenge.

Don't like to even say I quit because the game was difficult. Those stages were just fucken lame. Regardless how good the story, stages like those are no fun; total buzz kill.

My theory is that producers of some games insist on mind/thumb numbing difficult levels so people will keep the game longer and not put it back into recirculation via the used game market.

G

garbage

Never finished the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andres even though I really enjoyed the first parts, the story and the dialog. This was because lame/exceedingly difficult flying missions later on in the game.

Flying missions in GTA: San Andres: The remote controlled mini helicopter one was insanely difficult. Maybe the mini helicopter one took the air out of my sails because I gave up the game after running into more frustrations flying difficult to steer airplane through the hoops challenge.

Don't like to even say I quit because the game was difficult. Those stages were just fucken lame. Regardless how good the story, stages like those are no fun; total buzz kill.
Oh hell, the first thing I do in these games (and Saints Row, etc.) is enable cheats and go hog wild in the sandbox game world. The cheats are just so.. tempting.. and I've never been a fan of the missions :(

And when I try the missions, I'm not very good at them :(
My theory is that producers of some games insist on mind/thumb numbing difficult levels so people will keep the game longer and not put it back into recirculation via the used game market.
:greatscott: