• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Janelle Monae/ Pet peeves

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is really a pet peeve but it's driving me nuts. Despite not really having a particularly successful single or album Janelle Monae is everywhere. Nominated for awards, in Sonos commercial, cover girl spokeswomen. I don't get it. I assuming somebody it putting significant money behind her with not much return.

Share you personal peeves or please someone explain how such an charisma-less person remains plastered in the public eye.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:rofl1: My pet peeves for this was Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.. or however you spell that. They were famous just for being daughters of rich people. Not even famous rich people. Just rich. (Everyone knows the Hiltons as a hotel chain.. but if you were to stand in line at the coffee shop in front of the dude that owns them, he'd probably just be some business dude for most people.. If you stand in line with Paris Hilton though, you'd at least suspect it to be her.)

I dislike the "Famous for being famous" gig. No talent needed, no work required, no need to get started or struggle.. just be famous because someone around you is famous and rich, and you use that to maaybe sneak a few controversial spot lights and BAM! Famous.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really a pet peeve but it's driving me nuts. Despite not really having a particularly successful single or album Janelle Monae is everywhere. Nominated for awards, in Sonos commercial, cover girl spokeswomen. I don't get it. I assuming somebody it putting significant money behind her with not much return.

Share you personal peeves or please someone explain how such an charisma-less person remains plastered in the public eye.

If you see her perform, she has an enormous amount of charisma and the music is pretty good.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you see her perform, she has an enormous amount of charisma and the music is pretty good.

I have seen it. Generally Im open to all types of entertainment even if it's not "my thing" but I just don't see anything there :shrug:.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have seen it. Generally Im open to all types of entertainment even if it's not "my thing" but I just don't see anything there :shrug:.

Taste I guess. I thought she was pretty good.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This video for example. I think it has quite a few elements that should be exciting but none of them are really innovative, any not done with enough charisma to make the lack of uniqueness irrelevant.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Taste I guess. I thought she was pretty good.

I'm not really trying to argue that she's bad. Just that her ubiquitousness doesn't quite match up with the fact that she's never really had a hit single or album.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think this matters so much anymore.

You think it's just an image thing. Edgy but to too edgy. Famous but not famous enough that people really have an opinion on her?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You think it's just an image thing. Edgy but to too edgy. Famous but not famous enough that people really have an opinion on her?

I don't think hit singles and albums are an adequate measure of a musical artist's popularity anymore. The Internet has changed all of this.