• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I had a heart attack when I read this...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-buy-lucasfilm-405-billion-384448

I seriously don't know how to feel about this...which is why I had a heart attack.

A Star Wars movie released every 2 to 3 years?!?!?!?! Will these be expanded universe stories? If so, I think that might be interesting. I emphasize the word "might" very, VERY strongly.

I just hope that Disney takes care of Star Wars and Indiana Jones every bit as they took care of Marvel.

OH, SHIT!!! Howard the Duck was both a Marvel and Lucasfilm movie, wasn't it? I have a bad feeling about this...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's interesting.

Indeed it is, my good sir.

What will happen to the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning of future Star Wars movies? Might this affect the opening crawl? Or will the opening crawl suffer the same nonsensical fate as James Bond's gun barrel sequence, particularly if they get some pretentious art house director who likes to be different for the sake of being different like Mark Forster?

On a more positive note, maybe Disney will summon Joss Whedon to write a Star Wars screenplay!!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well...the last 3 were crap so....just pretend like you didn't read it and try to stay away from any new news regarding star wars

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything that gets Star Wars out of Lucas' hands can't be all bad.

Out of Lucas' hands and into Disney's...

Out of the frying pan but possibly into the fire. Just remember happy thoughts...Joss Whedon writing a Star Wars movie!!! Or fan fiction writers writing a Star Wars movie!!!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't even want fan fiction writers writing fan fiction!

If they got to write a movie it would be a romance involving C3PO, Luke, and Obi-Wan's ghost.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Luke: "Obi Wan, never doubt The Force... of my love for you."

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they got to write a movie it would be a romance involving C3PO, Luke, and Obi-Wan's ghost.

That sounds like something George Lucas would write.

Anyway, I think Disney owns Dreamworks, too...which means both Spielberg and Lucas are part of the collective. Does this mean there will be an epic Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel, and Mickey Mouse crossover? Will they all make it into a Kingdom Hearts game?

MBTI Type
INTJ
That sounds like something George Lucas would write.

Anyway, I think Disney owns Dreamworks, too...which means both Spielberg and Lucas are part of the collective. Does this mean there will be an epic Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Marvel, and Mickey Mouse crossover? Will they all make it into a Kingdom Hearts game?

DreamWorks used to be owned by Viacom but is now half owned by an Indian company and half owned by the principals (Spielberg, Katzenberg, Geffen).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DreamWorks used to be owned by Viacom but is now half owned by an Indian company and half owned by the principals (Spielberg, Katzenberg, Geffen).

Eh, they'll be Disney before too long. I notice that a lot of newer Dreamworks movies are co-distributed by Touchstone Pictures (AKA Disney's mature division).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ewoks don't ruin a movie--Gungans do.

I'll check them out. It's not like the new movie(s) can be any worse than the prequels.

...Right...right?

Sorry, Jar Jar wasn't the most annoying character in Star Wars. Anakin in The Phantom Menace and C-3P0 were more annoying. Luke Skywalker was also quite unbearable in A New Hope.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A Star Wars movie released every 2 to 3 years?!?!?!?! Will these be expanded universe stories? If so, I think that might be interesting. I emphasize the word "might" very, VERY strongly.

I can't wait for the next animated Disney Star Wars musical to come out!

Just think about what Star Wars had been like, if it had been a Disney movie to start with, with songs like:

FAMILY TREE

Luke: ...From the moment I first kissed her,
I felt like Leia's my sister,
and now want Darth to tuck me into bed!
Oh, what is wrong with my farmboy head?
With this family tree
a guy like me
should pick the lowest hanging fruit instead

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And what do you think Disney will do to future Star Wars special editions? Add a third sun to Tattooine to make it in the shape of Mickey's head? Will we see Belle beating the Magic Carpet on the streets of Tattooine, as well?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Eh, they'll be Disney before too long. I notice that a lot of newer Dreamworks movies are co-distributed by Touchstone Pictures (AKA Disney's mature division).

Yeah, DreamWorks' live action films are distributed by Touchstone, and DreamWorks Animation is distributed by Fox.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't wait for The Green Team, the buddy cop movie starring Yoda and the Hulk.

Hulk: [grunt]
Yoda: I'm getting too old for this shit!