• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I had a heart attack when I read this...

Lark

Yeah, I think this could be awful, Disney has become some kind of monopolist monster, first Pixar and now Lucas film.

G

Ginkgo

This is like starting to react to a patient's heart monitor when it has been flat-lining for 30 minutes. Whether you're for or against the direction of the Star Wars franchise, it really has little to lose.

So why not?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seriously don't know how to feel about this...which is why I had a heart attack.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I think this could be awful, Disney has become some kind of monopolist monster, first Pixar and now Lucas film.

Lucasfilm is indirectly responsible for the overflowing CGI corporate crapfests that litter the theaters today.
And unlike the tyrannical Lucas, Disney actually LISTENS to the fans. They want to give them what they want.

Business is business, yes. But business is usually better when YOU GIVE THE CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT.

Lucas was is a self-indulgent control freak who destroyed the greatest film franchise of all time.

Lesser of two evils, really.

(Addendum: This means we will FINALLY get the original Star Wars in high definition)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
They better not fuck this up. On the flip side, I've already gotten used to Star Wars being fucked up so I'll live even if it does suck.

I really want new releases to be good though... The original star wars films are some of my favorites.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if Disney buys James Bond next? Will Walt Disney be the villain trying to take over the world?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is like starting to react to a patient's heart monitor when it has been flat-lining for 30 minutes. Whether you're for or against the direction of the Star Wars franchise, it really has little to lose.

So why not?

yes, electro-shock the hell out of that corpse, maybe it will stand back up.

Honestly.

They made a buttload of money on the prequels despite their being panned critically (in terms of writing and acting). How coul any future project be worse? Besides, historically, Star Wars licenses developed by other writers (i.e., NOT Lucas) are fairly decent, including the SWKOTOR 1&2 and SWTOR games, the Clone Wars, etc. Honestly, Lucas letting go of his baby is the best thing that could ever happen to the Star Wars world.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thrawn. Seriously.

Lucas prevented games and movies from going forward in the timeline. There is hope if that restriction is lifted, then . A final hope. Otherwise the franchise is dead, either way, but at least not there is a glimmer of sugar coated hope.

But seriously, the artistic vision died decades ago. Media company or media company, it won't change from the "hey, this prints money" status.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lucas prevented games and movies from going forward in the timeline. There is hope if that restriction is lifted, then . A final hope. Otherwise the franchise is dead, either way, but at least not there is a glimmer of sugar coated hope.

Don't hold your breath. Lucas is still a creative consultant on Star Wars.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Are we sure Disney doesn't own a third-world country or two? Seems like the next logical step...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is... mighty unfortunate. I might be wrong about my "it can't get worse" assumption.

Consultants can be ignored. If he has no power to trump a decision, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Consultants can be ignored. If he has no power to trump a decision, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

By [deity of your choice], I hope you are correct. My nightmare is a disney production with artistic contribution (aka limitation).

Can you imagine that?

It'd be like splitting the Hobbit into three movies.

DAMMIT.