• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carrie (various adaptations)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen that Carrie, based on the early Stephen King book, is being remade yet again. (I think so far two versions have been made, the original an actual theater release starring Sissy Spacek).

The new one seems noteworthy simply because it is starring Chloë Grace Moretz as Carrie, Julianna Moore as her whacked-out mother, and is being directed by one Kim Peirce -- most famous for her movie from the prior decade called "Boys Don't Cry," which was pretty raw and honest, pulled some amazing performances out of its stars (I think Hillary Swank got an Academy Award out of it), and suggests the style she might be bringing to this remake as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1939659/

It would be interesting to compare the movies at some point. Release date for this is March 2013, it's currently in post-production.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to say, those are excellent casting choices. For once, they're getting someone who actually is in high school to play the title character. So we'll have a more realistic perception on what high schoolers look like. (Did you know that Alan Ruck was in his 30s when he played Cameron Fry in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to say, those are excellent casting choices. For once, they're getting someone who actually is in high school to play the title character. So we'll have a more realistic perception on what high schoolers look like. (Did you know that Alan Ruck was in his 30s when he played Cameron Fry in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?)

NO WAY!!!! Not Cameron. That's pretty wild.