• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 2012 NFL Season Thread

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
For any and all friendly banter about the current NFL season!

RALLY THE TROOPS [MENTION=1330]swordpath[/MENTION] [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] Shit. We need more troops.

Starting with the Ravens fans chanting 'Bullshit' at the replacement refs. :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I was watching that last night and laughed so hard. Not sure I've ever heard that before. I'm glad the Ravens won because I thought they deserved it and were getting hosed by the officials.

I'm most impressed by Arizona actually. I watched the first half of that game and I couldn't believe how intimidated the Eagles were; just seemed physically outmatched by the Arizona defense's intensity. It was like watching a football version of the first Bane vs. Batman fight.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'd love to talk football, but I'm not super well versed with NFL stuff.

More of a college fan really. That's why I didn't respond to the Fantasy football thread, I felt like I would be out of my depth haha.

But yea ^ that was ridiculous.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I was watching that last night and laughed so hard. Not sure I've ever heard that before. I'm glad the Ravens won because I thought they deserved it and were getting hosed by the officials.

Well, Ravens and Pats are my two most hated teams. But I thought the Pats would have won if the replacement refs hadn't made that bullshit holding call on McCourty. So I can't help but feel that should have gone to the Pats.

The silver lining being, I'm glad Torrey Smith had a good game given what he is/was going through. Division rivals be damned, he seems like a good guy... and to lose your 19 year old brother that day and STILL play. Damn. They saved the first TD pass Smith caught, and intend to put it in the casket with his little brother, apparently. So theres that.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That Ravens/Pats game was fun to watch. Definitely some sketchy officiating going on this week in football.

This had to be the best play that I saw this week, perhaps so far this season. Gnarliest catch.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'd love to talk football, but I'm not super well versed with NFL stuff.

More of a college fan really. That's why I didn't respond to the Fantasy football thread, I felt like I would be out of my depth haha.

But yea ^ that was ridiculous.

Conversely, I've never really gotten into college football, or even college sports for that matter. At BU, Hockey was God but I never really cared. The whole, rah-rah school spirit thing drives me insane. I think I'm missing that gene.

Well, Ravens and Pats are my two most hated teams. But I thought the Pats would have won if the replacement refs hadn't made that bullshit holding call on McCourty. So I can't help but feel that should have gone to the Pats.

The silver lining being, I'm glad Torrey Smith had a good game given what he is/was going through. Division rivals be damned, he seems like a good guy... and to lose your 19 year old brother that day and STILL play. Damn. They saved the first TD pass Smith caught, and intend to put it in the casket with his little brother, apparently. So theres that.

Both teams got hosed, which was pretty unique. Usually shit doesn't stick to the NFL but when your fans are chanting BULLSHIT at your games you've got yourself a bit of a problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited for Giants-Eagles sunday night. Friend of mine just moved to Manhattan and we're gonna watch games all day, culminating with that one, and I'll be nice and drunk and full of Bonchon wings, which is good since watching a Giants game with me is a stressful experience for everybody involved, as [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] can corroborate. This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it. I'm convinced these 9-7 regular seasons finishing off with super bowls are taking years off my life.

gromit

likes this
I'm excited for Giants-Eagles sunday night. Friend of mine just moved to Manhattan and we're gonna watch games all day, culminating with that one, and I'll be nice and drunk and full of Bonchon wings, which is good since watching a Giants game with me is a stressful experience for everybody involved, as [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] can corroborate. This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it. I'm convinced these 9-7 regular seasons finishing off with super bowls are taking years off my life.

Stressful for you and somewhat hilarious for those in your company. :drunk:

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is already feeling like a classic "Giants stomped a bad team so everyone is getting ready to say they're good but here comes the stink bomb" feel to it.

One can only hope!

Go-Eagles-Go-philadelphia-eagles-25034599-300-300.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Conversely, I've never really gotten into college football, or even college sports for that matter. The whole, rah-rah school spirit thing drives me insane. I think I'm missing that gene.

I'm with ya here.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So who's gonna win the Packers/Seahawks game tonight? I think GB will, but am rooting for Seattle.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Seattle trampling all over GB's offensive line... 7 sacks on Rodgers. Damn.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
OMFG... Packers got jobbed HUGE. This isn't going to go down without a fight, I can tell.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've been on edge with the Steelers since the season started. Texans are doing amazing :heart: That's about all the input I have for now. ;)