• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your ideas for the perfect video game?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I'll start! :D

Gameplay

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive style action
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 iron sights and bullet drop
Condemned hand to hand combat
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 class and perk system
Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix / Left 4 Dead 2 style gore

Graphics

Precomputed Radiance Transfer
Exponential Shadows Maps
Order Independent Translucency
F.E.A.R. particle system

Physics

Full Havok integration

Music

Composed by Jesper Kyd
Orchestral, metal, electronic, everything that fits the mood

Let me know what you guys think and make sure to share your ideas! :hi:

Last edited:

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
For my idea I was thinking of MP games but I'd love to hear ideas for SP games! :D

wolfy

awsm
I had an idea for a game the other day. Actually it was more like an app,but anyway here is how I explained it.
It was available on DS, and smartphones.

You take a picture of yourself and the software generates an image of you at 100% attractive. Not an image but an image in the software, a marker of where you could be potentially. Because of course, some of us are ugly and have limits. 100% for you is not 100% for the other guy.

The software then generates a marker of where you are now. Say 69% of potential.

Then gives you advice on how to improve. Say, trim nose hairs.

There is also a social networking option where you upload pictures and obtain feedback from friends. "Nice work on the nose hairs"

Overtime the software adapts to preferences and styles that you input and adjusts accordingly.

I didn't have a name. But maybe Magic Mirror would work.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
But there are so many genres... You might as well conceptualize the perfect book, or the perfect movie...

Still - soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu, Motoi Sakuraba and Noriyuki Iwadare, together.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A modern CRPG would be great. Obsidian is working on a kickstarter CRPG game now, it's already raised more money than they needed to raise, and it isn't even close to being over yet.

Basically an isometric with high resolution crisp appearance, original and deep storylines, interesting and efficient combat system, etc. (is what I'd like to see)

Ricin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
SEXY
Enneagram
hot
Well, I don't think the perfect game exists really. Everyone has their own tastes, some like shooters, some like fighters, some like platforming, etc.. I even like a wide variety and dislike a good variety too.

Buuuuuuuuuuut.... I do has a lot of ideas for game I would enjoy that I think others might too.

One idea was a combo of a real time strategy game and a first person shooter.
In rts's you tell your forces where to go, build up defense and attack units, etc. etc..
In fps's you run around and shoot people with guns and such and often try to meet certain objectives and some have lots of interesting weapons.

This idea was inspired by killzone 3, starcraft, mag [lots of inspiration here], metroid series [2d or 3d], 2d airplane shooters, Resistance, boarderlands, metal gear series, front mission series, and fighting games.

It would be two games. One is an FPS and the other is a RTS.

In the FPS the story mode would go alongside the online mode. In the game you start off as a mercenary for hire who works free lance. As the story progresses you start to see the different factions of mercenary groups and learn what kind of weapons they use and can pick which group you want to join. The factions are located in different part of this world and cause of this tend to work more jobs that're close to their base of operations.

The story would mainly consist of you getting the general idea of what each group is trying to achieve and what the countries they usually work for are aiming for.

Game play is that it's an FPS. The key point is the weapons and upgrades [which are inspired a lot by metroid, 2D airplane shooters, Killzone 3, Metal gear, front mission, and fighting games]. Inspired by how in front mission you start with a torso that has a maximum weight it can withstand and then you add the arms, legs, shoulder cannons, etc. on your mech. You would have a soldier who levels up in strength and endurance. The stronger he is the more he can carry. Also if he's strapped to the brim he'll move slower. You can gain abilities like unlimited sprinting, but this can't be used if you have too much weight on you.

Also you can put as many weapons as you can fit on your character. It was have a load up screen where you add straps, backpacks, etc. and place them on the body till you run out of room. I guess there would have to be set spots and you wouldn't be able to put this stuff just anywhere otherwise there might be errors in programing.

Controls would be L1 for sites, R1 shoots, L2 special abilities, R2 grenades/whatever is set for R2, D-pad switch between weapon load ups, triangle quick weapon swapping, Square reload, circle melee, X jump, R3 sprint, L3 Other special abilities. Which could be customized to whatever one would like

One of the main points is a lot of weapons to choose from. And in single player mode and also in an online mode you can unlock more weapons and receive training for them. Basically you'd collect weapons like in a metal gear and metroid game. There would also be many abilities like in KillZone3 where you can cloak, revive teammates, capture spawn points, set up turrets, and so on.

Then there's the RTS.
In the RTS single player you command a group of AI's running around a map shooting each other. You are in charge of ammo crates, where they're deployed supplying your team with weapons giving your resources. Basically just an RTS. The story is where you're a strategist and are scouted by the factions. They place you in command of a group of soldiers. If you win enough battles you become a leader of a few people in your previous position and decide which battles are to be fought and who to have where, etc. etc..

So, online the group you command is actually from the other game. You're just trying to earn money for your group and take over territories. So, you can obtain specific maps and set up useful devices for your team so they have home field advantage. Or you can deploy to another teams maps and try to take it over and decide from which directions and such.

Of course the maps would be reused a lot, but there would be a world map that's only used once with many territories on it. And the goal is to take over the world.

So, you could be soldier or commander.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Everything does something and you can do something with everything.

Enemies, if present, operate on a better and not buggy version of STALKER's A Life. They move from area to area on their own, team up, have factions and possibly fight each other as much as they fight you. There won't be a same sniper on the same roof every time you go to an area, they can move and you never quite know where they will be, and if you spook them they will take cover and try to flank. They will set up camps when friendly ones (to each other) meet each other, even if you aren't in the area the A Life is still taking place, so when you go to an area you haven't been in for a while you may suddenly find increased resistance that wasn't there before.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I've got another idea for a perfect game:

Take all of the prolific "cutesy" Nintendo characters.
Kirby, Mario, Link, Star Fox, etc.

Match 'em up against the assholes from the Mortal Kombat games.
Scorpion, Jax, Shao Khan, Kano, etc.

Put 'em all in a steel cage. And you can't turn the blood code off, either. Keep the power-ups from Super Smash Bros.

Oh, and the ultraviolent fatalities can be done with the push of one button and at any time (to appeal to the younger demographic).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Make a Star Wars KOTOR game for the Xbox 360 with full vibrant worlds of color to explore and ship routes to other planets as well as an Elder Scrolls style battle adventure system.