• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor Season 25: Philippines

F

figsfiggyfigs

tumblr_maiej1Ou3f1qdd7kr.gif

A

Anew Leaf

I am so glad you posted this thread!

I finally watched last night.

I am looking forward to the season but I am a bit annoyed at two things: returning players and "celebrities." The only returning player I like is Michael, the others are tools, and I get a bit tired of this gimmick. I kind of wish they would do returning players in just one season dedicated to them.

That is all fo naooooooooo.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am so glad you posted this thread!

I finally watched last night.

I am looking forward to the season but I am a bit annoyed at two things: returning players and "celebrities." The only returning player I like is Michael, the others are tools, and I get a bit tired of this gimmick. I kind of wish they would do returning players in just one season dedicated to them.

That is all fo naooooooooo.

I don't care too much about the returning players. Especially these ones because since they got pulled from the game because of injury.

However, as far "Blaire" from the 1980s show "Facts of Life" I agree. (Ted McGinley seems like a more appropriate choice)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So far I like Russle (black Russell thank goodness not a revisit from Hantz) and Jeff the baseball dude. I also found the guy who got voted out at the beginning amusing. Although Penner initially got on my nerves, he is beginning to grow on me and may be my next favorite. It seems a tie between him and accident prone Michael.

Most of the females seem pretty bland or even disturbing (personality wise) I guess I would choose RC [despite the stupid move of showing her clue to her 'friend']

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
So far I like Russle (black Russell thank goodness not a revisit from Hantz) and Jeff the baseball dude. I also found the guy who got voted out at the beginning amusing. Although Penner initially got on my nerves, he is beginning to grow on me and may be my next favorite. It seems a tie between him and accident prone Michael.

Most of the females seem pretty bland or even disturbing (personality wise) I guess I would choose RC [despite the stupid move of showing her clue to her 'friend']

we just caught up this weekend... it's not bad so far...

omg i can't stand russelllll! he just needs to shut the fuck up.
he is just the worse among all the returning players. it's his
mouth that gets him in trouble oh gosh. soooo annoying.

i don't think any of the male characters are really memorable
thus far, except for the young guy cuddling with the blonde&boobs.
and i remember him because of his alliance with the sex therapist
who is totally my favourite now.

initially i liked RC, but when she picked the brazilian psycho,
she started losing points. and she really lost points when
she tried to reason with the brazilian crazy. she looked as
distraught as those women that end up staying in abusive
relationships. maybe she likes it. maybe it's the editing,
too early to tell.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
omg and the accident prone dude. goddamn.
i wonder when he gets back, how many people
are gonna try to sell him insurance.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
we just caught up this weekend... it's not bad so far...

omg i can't stand russelllll! he just needs to shut the fuck up.
he is just the worse among all the returning players. it's his
mouth that gets him in trouble oh gosh. soooo annoying.

i don't think any of the male characters are really memorable
thus far, except for the young guy cuddling with the blonde&boobs.
and i remember him because of his alliance with the sex therapist
who is totally my favourite now.

Yeah, Russell is pretty bad. Talks a lot of shit about being there before, but good lord he is useless. I’d say “way to be the stereotypical black guy who can’t swim” but he was bad at everything. I like Malcolm and Denise a lot, and they got shafted big time with a pretty terrible team. Zane was extremely entertaining but his suicide move in the first episode backfired big time. It’s one thing to publicly call for yourself to get voted off when you’re in front of Russell, but once you’re one on one with some people you gotta play the “throwing off Russell so he doesn’t play the idol we think he has” card and he didn’t. Roxy seemed nice but extremely fragile mentally, which makes sense for a seminary student. Angie is Kat from last season, and not a loss at all.

initially i liked RC, but when she picked the brazilian psycho,
she started losing points. and she really lost points when
she tried to reason with the brazilian crazy. she looked as
distraught as those women that end up staying in abusive
relationships. maybe she likes it. maybe it's the editing,
too early to tell.

She seemed normal initially, but yeah, completely went off the deep end. It’s pretty impressive to watch actually, and if brazilian psycho is indicative of that country’s women then I don’t begrudge [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] for resorting to PUA. Gotta fight fire with fire. Also! Second straight season with “fiery/psychotic latina.” Alicia and Abi are like carbon copies; idiots who talk a lot, think they’re running shit, but have no idea what is happening.

On the red team, eh, nobody really stands out. I do hate the Cooper for no reason whatsoever though. I should look at that.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She seemed normal initially, but yeah, completely went off the deep end. It’s pretty impressive to watch actually, and if brazilian psycho is indicative of that country’s women then I don’t begrudge Rasofy for resorting to PUA. Gotta fight fire with fire.
Perhaps if you had been you spending your free time watching/reading more educative things you'd have been able to come up with a more decent reasoning.

There's a PUA slang for what you just did: AMOGing. I'm happy that you can do it naturally. Judging by how many times I read your gf saying Jock this Jock that, it seems to be working quite well.

Good job.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Grr cbs.com online full episode watching is getting frustrating. Keep getting bumped off and having to watch the same old commercials over and over again. Just gave up after watching a mix match of an uncompleted last episode.

Think the best choice was made in voting off the next person. Can’t recall the last time a tribe got so low so the merge is eminent. Nevertheless, although the guy stuck his foot in his mouth a lot, he did seem somewhat sympathetic and often had a way with words. Will be tough finding another of the contestants to elaborate there thought processes so colorfully to the camera.

Gotta give props to Pete for the, albeit diabolic move of planting the "clue" in RC's bag was nevertheless clever use of controlled chaos and effective exposition on showing what a nit Abi-Maria is.

A

Anew Leaf

Dawson was so useless. What is the point of "pretending to be a cat playing with a mouse" if you don't actually use your claws a bit?

She could have done something significant but chose instead to get creepy about the host. Her final moments made so insanely awkward to watch, I could barely stand it. *quivers with alarm*

I don't really have any favorites to win quite yet.

Beorn

Permabanned
Saturned said:
She could have done something significant but chose instead to get creepy about the host. Her final moments made so insanely awkward to watch, I could barely stand it. *quivers with alarm*

I just thought about how horrible she must have smelled as she embraced him.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dawson: Proof that a bold move in itself is simply not enough for a long term strategy. How could anyone be so dumb to think annoying a key player with the fact that you know their personal secret immediately before tribal would somehow benefit them. Not only a waste of information but a turning of a potential weapon against oneself.

What Dawson should have done instead of vague hints around the campfire was to have confronted baseballdude in private and asked him to use his influence to keep you on for at least one more tribal. In exchange you in the very least promise not to bring it up at tribal or with the other contestants.

I would really prefer if the survivor producers would spend a little more time in choosing less stupid contestants.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think it was a bad idea to even hint at going after Penner. No need to make it complicated this early in the game. Now expect Penner to be more paranoid and show minimal loyalty to his original tribe when they enter the merge.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFJ Lisa (Blaire from the 1980s sitcom "The Facts of Life) is playing a good game and is charming albeit a little too sweet and a bit too much "woe is me, I can't play the game" BS protestations.

Penner missed his chance to either enter into a rock solid alignment or vote out a key player (Malcolm). I doubt his whining to Lisa in the next episode is going to do anything except him look like a sap and expedite his departure.

Right now Malcolm is playing is in the key seat.