• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Revolution (TV Series)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finally got around to watching the second episode.

Much better than the pilot. But....

There is a level of violence that both feels beyond network TV shows and fake. I'm not sure how to describe it. We see blood, but not so much the aftermath.

And it's only been 15 years, why does everything look like it's filmed in a swamp? There are lot more subdivisions than what we've seen.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
There is a level of violence that both feels beyond network TV shows and fake. I'm not sure how to describe it. We see blood, but not so much the aftermath.
Yeah -- they're going beyond the point at which swashbucker-style swordfighting really "fits" with a network show and the mandated lack of blood and realism. Not that I particularly want to see a lot of blood and guts, but there's a line at which that sort of lack-of-realism becomes distracting. And these folks blow by it all of the time. Maybe it would be a little less distracting if Miles were more of a hand-to-hand martial arts fighter than a swordsman. I mean, when you really get down to it, that's pretty unrealistic too, but in a way that people are accustomed to in movies/TV.

And it's only been 15 years, why does everything look like it's filmed in a swamp? There are lot more subdivisions than what we've seen.

:yes:

It's them getting "the little things" wrong, I think. You have to go quite a ways outside of Chicago before you get to anything that looks like the "rural subdivision" that they started in... and they're always walking through forest, swamp, etc. to get *closer* to Chicago, which makes little sense (why would you do this, when there are so many paved roads? It's not like the militia has the manpower to guard them all). More background similar to the spot where Charlie fakes an injured ankle would work better... cracked concrete overgrown with grass poking up through the cracks, etc. Of course, it's a lot easier and cheaper to find a film set in a forest/swamp than in 15-years-dilapidated suburbia.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but at this point I am not sure if I want to. :p

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Is anyone else still watching this? Last night wasn't *too* bad, other than the "main characters do stupid stuff to drive the plot" dynamic going on, and some painfully obvious "reveals". I think this show simply can't aspire to more than that at this point. At least they had a steam locomotive, which was such an obvious thing that the lack of steam power in earlier episodes was rather baffling.

The next episode, however, looks simply awful, based on the preview. Something about desperately needing medicine for someone, and Not-Katniss pressured to / going undercover in a harem/whorehouse/apothecary to try to get some penicillin. Looks like truly awful stuff.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm three episodes behind. It sucks only having webstreaming and no actual TV.

I'm really wishing I could watch American Horror Story tonight. That is definitely must-see TV for me.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
There's an amusing story over on cracked.com about "the 10 stupidest things on TV this season". Guess how many of them are about this show...

There's one in particular about Star Wars that's simply hilarious. And the thing is... I'm not sure that they even got most of the most glaring stupidities on the list...

I will say this.. this show is certainly fun to make fun of.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just laughing because 9 out of 10 are about the same show. Ouch!!!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been devoted to this and Alphas ever since they debuted. Above-par television at its finest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alphas!!! It's on netflix. Did it ever reach season 2, or did those those stingy old execs rob us of dramatic bliss?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I gave up on this show. The idea is fun, the story could have been awesome, but unfortunately it is written quite badly.

Alphas is weakening a bit as well. But I suppose that is natural given the situation. It's not easy to write about a bunch of bad people with superpowers led by an immortal super bad guy out to terrorize the planet without actually having them succeed, because there's the patchwork drama team lead by a mere mortal in their way every step. I guess they're fixing it now in the last episodes by adressing the super bad guy's weakness. We'll see if they manage to do so successfully.
Still, I like Gary so I'll keep watching, just saying it's not too great.

Person of Interest and Dexter are my two favorite currently running shows.
Homeland's not bad either, those kind of shows are not really my thing usually, but it's written well enough to keep me interested in it. I seriously hope they don't mess it up by going on too long though, imo the series should end this season or come with an entirely new story for next season. After last episode's final scene, it looks like that is the directin they're going. So far so good!

martinhulk1

Enneagram
afd
Revolution is a sci-fi tv show and started just from this year. Eric Kripke is the creator of the show. And he has created really wonderful show to watch. I really enjoy watching this show. Billy Burke is mine favorite from the show.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any idea on the types of the characters in the show?