User Tag List

Default Book recomendations on the topic of discipline?

I'm going to try and post this across the forum in a couple of different places, can anyone recommend some reads to do with discipline? I'm interested in its particular incarnation within eastern contexts, such as bushido, although not exclusively, I am interested in how it interacts with ideas to do with flexibility and pragamatism in the same contexts.

This has grown out of having to adopt a much more strict diet and exercise regime for myself but it goes beyond this to thinking about planning and what I would consider a fully conscious and conscientious living.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

If you are an ENTJ, then I would lean towards something that lends itself to concrete measurement. So, for diet, I would use MyFitnessPal for example. For exercise, measuring time, distance, speed, performance, etc.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639