• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much effort to you put into your appearance on a typical day?

How much effort do you put into your appearance on a typical day?

• I have designed "looks" and accessories and spend a significant amount of time pimping and styling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lay out my outfit the night before and spend about ant hour getting styling/primping.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Ill get clean, choose an outfit and spend a few minute primping

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I get clean and throw something on. Don't bother looking the the mirror

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I don't bother to bathe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With shower usually about 20 min.

I don't dry my hair usually so I just shower put something on may or may not put on a lil lipstick and mascara in the car.

But every once and awhile I'll feel like dressing up and can take an hour or so if I'm being indecisive or maybe want to flat iron my hair.

That's not even once a month tho.

Dressing cute doesn't require a lot of effort tho IMO. You have the stuff in your closet and it doesn't take any longer to put on.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
With shower usually about 20 min.

I don't dry my hair usually so I just shower put something on may or may not put on a lil lipstick and mascara in the car.

But every once and awhile I'll feel like dressing up and can take an hour or so if I'm being indecisive or maybe want to flat iron my hair.

That's not even once a month tho.

Dressing cute doesn't require a lot of effort tho IMO. You have the stuff in your closet and it doesn't take any longer to put on.

It takes more time to get stuff to match and put on accessories and pick the shoes. more time than just throwing on whatever.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It takes more time to get stuff to match and put on accessories and pick the shoes. more time than just throwing on whatever.

Oh yeah!! You wanna argue with me some more today do ya!!?? :laugh:

No really... I don't think it does. I mean usually for me I would've already thought about what I felt like wearing... Maybe while I'm having coffee or in the shower but by the time I'm in my closet I'm usually just looking for whatever I've already decided to put on.

But maybe my idea of "cute" is less involved than yours. Haha

I mean... I usually mean... This skirt that shirt those shoes. Done.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
somewhere between two and 3. it's mostly "health" related stuff like putting on sunscreen and taking vitamins though unless you count the gym time. other than that, just shower and gel and shaving

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i used to never leave the house without makeup on but i've gotten way lazier or just stopped caring so i go without a lot. or just wear mascara.

most of the time it takes me to get ready probably involves finding clean clothes in my mess of a room.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Shower and shave when I need it. Brush my hair, maybe put some stuff in it. Make sure I don't smell and my clothes don't smell. If they're wrinkled I might iron them. Stay fit and wear sunscreen. Get enough sleep. Eat and drink healthy stuff. Throw out clothes that are permanently stained or torn, or downgrade them to yardwork-only. Try to keep only nice clothes and shoes that I don't mind being seen in.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yeah!! You wanna argue with me some more today do ya!!?? :laugh:

No really... I don't think it does. I mean usually for me I would've already thought about what I felt like wearing... Maybe while I'm having coffee or in the shower but by the time I'm in my closet I'm usually just looking for whatever I've already decided to put on.

But maybe my idea of "cute" is less involved than yours. Haha

I mean... I usually mean... This skirt that shirt those shoes. Done.

No no no. Let's not fight! :hug:

I think we have the same idea of cute but different ideas of effort. Just thinking about clothing stresses me out. I don't start thinking about it until I'm out of the shower and dried off. Then I generally just grab some jeans and then pick out a shirt. I wear the same shoes (vans) everyday. So really the only decision is on the shirt and that typically is determined by how warm I predict the day will be. I don't generally use a mirror in the mornings.

I get very anxious about dressing myself.

rav3n

On the days I'm working from home and not expecting any company, I shower post work out and then throw on some comfortable clothing in good shape (no holes, clean, pressed, etc). Still look okay so I'm not embarrassed when there are unexpected visitors like friends or family.

For days where I'm meeting with clients onsite, shower, full natural looking makeup, suit, heels, etc.

For days where I'm going out to run errands, shower, some or full natural makeup, to see friends and such like, jeans, heels, that sort of outfit.

For days of all the above, all the above.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No no no. Let's not fight! :hug:

I think we have the same idea of cute but different ideas of effort. Just thinking about clothing stresses me out. I don't start thinking about it until I'm out of the shower and dried off. Then I generally just grab some jeans and then pick out a shirt. I wear the same shoes (vans) everyday. So really the only decision is on the shirt and that typically is determined by how warm I predict the day will be. I don't generally use a mirror in the mornings.

I get very anxious about dressing myself.

well on days where i'm just home and not going anywhere other than the store or out for coffee or whatever i do the same...just go in my closet and grab a shirt and some jeans/skirt.

i guess the extra effort i put into it on days that it matters more...really is just the thinking about it beforehand.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well on days where i'm just home and not going anywhere other than the store or out for coffee or whatever i do the same...just go in my closet and grab a shirt and some jeans/skirt.

i guess the extra effort i put into it on days that it matters more...really is just the thinking about it beforehand.

DO you have a good mental inventory? The ability to recall everything you have and mentally combine them? I feel like I don't have a good mental inventory. My ESFJ friend has like a complete mental list of everything she owns.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DO you have a good mental inventory? The ability to recall everything you have and mentally combine them? I feel like I don't have a good mental inventory. My ESFJ friend has like a complete mental list of everything she owns.

yeah i do for sure. i couldn't tell you what a friend was wearing earlier today at lunch but if i picked it out and have worn it with this or that several times then yeah of course.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Excluding everything else like showering and brushing teeth.

If I am wearing more formal clothing... I just need to take a few minutes to iron out any creases.

After putting on clothes, just a quick gel.

That is as far as appearance goes.

With the whole ordeal, I'd say 5 minutes with formal clothing (includes ironing, which takes up most of the time)

and not even a minute just for casual clothes

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you have a life situation that requires you to put effort into what you put on?

Do you feel like you need help in putting things together?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Used to spend more.

Occasionally I'll set up my outfit the night before just to avoid wasting time in the morning.

I shower, flat-iron my hair, get dressed, toss on some foundation, put on some rings and bracelets and earrings, and then I'm out the door. I'll put on eyeliner and eyebrow powder sitting at the light near work.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol the poll says "pimping and styling"

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you have a life situation that requires you to put effort into what you put on?

Do you feel like you need help in putting things together?

ehh... I guess the life situation is 1.) being single and 2.) wanting to not be shunned by my peers/ wanting to feel cool. I swing back and forth between wanting to be stylish and attractive and then being very resistant to the idea of having to put any effort into how I look. :scruples: :smile: OR :harley:
I do feel like I need help when it comes to clothes but maybe more my attitude around it? When I try to plan what I wear I feel like it just doesn't really work. I get an overwhelmed feeling at having to put together makeup and shoes and accesories and all the details. When I do dress up for special events (weddings/events) I usually have to spend a lot of time researching and usually I still go with something "safe". When I think about fashion it just seems frivolous and so when I invest time into is get sucked into this train of thought that is " this is stupid, I feel stupid, I don't want to do this". I know some people really enjoy getting dressed or doing their makeup but for me It's always just something I feel obligated to do. I feel stupid for dressing up or I feel like.....shame..... when not dressed up.

EDIT: EXCEPT! when it comes to costumes. I am the master of costumes. I think because there is the element on accuracy. A clear definition of whether or not what you are wearing looks "right". Plus it's super fun escapism. I love costumes...a lot.