• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Naruto (Spoilers)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is days old, but.... Anyways, besides the fact that the chapter has some inconsistencies....

Who here instinctively thought Tobi was Obito but thought... there is no way Kishimoto would make it that obvious who Tobi is.

Who here instinctively thought Tobi cannot be Obito.

And for those who haven't read the newest chapter, well.. I'll spoil it for you. Tobi has the body/Sharingan eye of Obito. Whether it truly is Obito in his own body or not, or Kishimoto messing with us, we'll wait for the chapter to come out.

I instinctively thought Tobi was Obito, and sort of hoped that Tobi was Obito. Issue being is that we see snippets of Obito in the manga/series. The fact that Obito had a striking resemblance to Naruto. The fact that there was a volume devoted to how Kakashi got his eyes... It would feel like such a waste if it was truly a filler with its own volume.

Who knows, he might just make the person not Obito in the next chapter.

For those curious... yes, I have the volume about Kakashi's past (because one of the characters I like is Obito.)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I remember reading this. An idea I heard was that he could be some kind of amalgamation of Obito and Madara's DNA, but then there was also him merely being the origin of the Zetsu clones and he is the originator in the form of obito; of course this would also involve the DNA of Hashirama Senzu.

Hence why he always breaks off and oozes when wounded and his body parts turn white. Of course this is just idle speculation.

Quite a number of people already guessed that he would at least LOOK like Obito not long after he revealed himself as the true mind behind Akatsuki.

Obviously this is somewhat connected with what Kabuto showed him as a type of blackmail perhaps. It was possibly Obito's body. There may even be some odder explanation of him being able to ressurect but in a new body or combination of bodies and his original body is long dead, hence what was in the coffin that Kabuto showed.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
As soon as it was revealed that Itachi had help killing the Uchiha that I knew without a shadow of a doubt that Tobi had to be Obito. The scars on his face are consistent with the boulder that fell on him. It also would explain how his one (intact) eye would be the Sharingan, and he'd need a replacement for the one he gave to Kakashi (Rinnegan.)

I always thought it was a bit farfetched for Itachi to massacre the entire clan...actually, I just think the whole Itachi/Sasuke storyline has been FUBARed for a while now...also Orochimaru is back...again? Fml. I just wish there was more consistency in the series.

(Also: Even if Obito never came back, it would make sense for there to have been a chapter explaining how Kakashi received his Sharingan...since he's not an Uchiha, although this was never introduced in the anime iirc.)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
As soon as it was revealed that Itachi had help killing the Uchiha that I knew without a shadow of a doubt that Tobi had to be Obito. The scars on his face are consistent with the boulder that fell on him. It also would explain how his one (intact) eye would be the Sharingan, and he'd need a replacement for the one he gave to Kakashi (Rinnegan.)

I always thought it was a bit farfetched for Itachi to massacre the entire clan...actually, I just think the whole Itachi/Sasuke storyline has been FUBARed for a while now...also Orochimaru is back...again? Fml. I just wish there was more consistency in the series.

(Also: Even if Obito never came back, it would make sense for there to have been a chapter explaining how Kakashi received his Sharingan...since he's not an Uchiha, although this was never introduced in the anime iirc.)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The problem is that they made that chapter that gave more questions... especially when Kakashi commented that everyone that was important to him are gone. Kishi could of just say that Obito and Rin died in that chapter, but he chose to leave those out.
From that chapter alone, we know that he was "suppose" to protect Rin... she died.
After the chapter, we have the question of, "where is Rin? And why is she not present?"
From that chapter, we assumed that Obito died without having any specifics showing us he did die.

And well, based on chpt 600, yeah, he didn't die. Obito did comment on Rin, though. And well, Madara... but yes... we are getting more information about why it is Obito.

They did introduce how Kakashi got his sharingan in the Shippuuden Arc (LONGGGGGG after where it should of been.) Only reason why I went back to watching the anime.. if for that part.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
They did introduce how Kakashi got his sharingan in the Shippuuden Arc (LONGGGGGG after where it should of been.) Only reason why I went back to watching the anime.. if for that part.

Ah. I stopped watching the anime in the shippuuden arc. Shippuuden was still fairly new when I made the switch.