• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Glorious return of the Ahnuld.

KDude

I wish they had followed through with a "King Conan" film.. the old bearded Conan. He could've pulled that off awhile back. Maybe not now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha i thot this would be the thread for Expendables 2. Yippee ki yo, mofos!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I wish they had followed through with a "King Conan" film.. the old bearded Conan. He could've pulled that off awhile back. Maybe not now.

At his age, you shouldn't trust Ahnuld with a sword.
He'd probably cut his nuts off, low as they hang.

Hahaha!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first was dumb action fun. I'll see this on DVD when it get released.

KDude

The Expendables had some strange effects. Lots of action, but it seemed like elements of the explosions and blood and guts were digital. Robert Rodriguez does the same thing... it's kind of cheap looking.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Expendables 2 is better than the first one. The action is less leaden, more kinetic, the explosion budget slightly higher. It brings in Jean-Claude Van Damme — who wouldn't participate in the first one, according to Stallone, because he thought the film's plot, which brought bloody war to Brazil, was socially irresponsible — as a sibilant, sunglasses-wearing villain with a goat symbol (Van Damme describes the animal as "the pet of Satan") tattooed on his neck. Stallone launches a motorcycle into a helicopter in the film's very first scene. Statham punches a man's head into a different helicopter's rotor. And Schwarzenegger, free of any pesky political obligations, returns to a more sizable role, game and lithe as a panther.

Summermetrics: The Death of the Great American Shoot-'em-Up