• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFL Fantasy Football league?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think I asked this in years past, but didn't generate a lot of interest. Anyone here interested in doing a small fantasy football league?

Really, all you need is a general knowledge of players and a little bit of time to check it once a week. Even if you've never done one before, this might be a good chance to learn. We could keep a thread going here and help each other out as we go. It doesn't have to be terribly competitive (since I gather we don't have a lot of people who have ever done it).

Just poking some people who have posted in NFL threads before: [MENTION=1330]swordpath[/MENTION] [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] [MENTION=266]Lateralus[/MENTION] [MENTION=10239]You[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]Phthalate[/MENTION]

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would play, but only if we had a live draft. I've played in leagues before where you set up a list for autodraft and it sucks. This should be fun!

F

figsfiggyfigs

The only fantasy league I follow is that of The League. I'd honestly join if I knew anything about football or their players, because fantasy football looks quiet fun.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this on Yahoo?

I used to run a league for like a decade until people slowly stopped playing.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes I would play. I love games.

Is it any different from just picking winners?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I would play, but only if we had a live draft. I've played in leagues before where you set up a list for autodraft and it sucks. This should be fun!

I've never done anything but a live draft. So I probably wouldn't go for anything else.

The only fantasy league I follow is that of The League. I'd honestly join if I knew anything about football or their players, because fantasy football looks quiet fun.
The League is fantastic. And really, there's a lot of resources online (and even on the draft screen) that rank players for you. There's a couple nuances to drafting that you'd probably have trouble with (like players will have "Bye" weeks, and you don't want to grab 2 Wide Receivers or 2 quarterbacks who are on Bye the same week or you run into problems), but I don't expect this to be a crazy competitive league... So we should be able to help you through it each week. Part of the fun of fantasy football is talking about it.

Is this on Yahoo?
Either yahoo or espn.com has them. I don't have a preference either way, really.

Yes I would play. I love games.

Is it any different from just picking winners?
You pick specific players, and what they accomplish in the game gets points. So for example, a wide receiver will get points for catching a pass (the longer the pass, the more points), get points for how many yards he runs the ball, and lose points for a fumble. A quarterback will get points for how far he throws a complete pass, and lose points for throwing an interception.

There are a lot of resources online that rank players projected points, so you can get an idea of who is going to make the most.