• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Cloud Atlas"

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
yes, in my quick skim, the modern-day notion of self-consciousness and abstracted thought where we can consciously dialogue with ourselves is a recent advancement in human thought, a progression from the bicameral approach...

If that theory is worth anything at all, and there is no evidence that it is. but anyway, it seems a likely source of that character, and I enjoyed his dark castigations. The whole film is a right-brained exercise in non-linear connectivity and improbability. It's not surprising that the general public (and most critics) couldn't get into it. It's just too complex to easily follow and digest.
i had this thought, that maybe time is a twisted spiral, wherein each dimension revolves around a central axis, through which information can be exchanges between dimensions. Basically, a helix.
Come together...RIGHT NOW!:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If that theory is worth anything at all, and there is no evidence that it is. but anyway, it seems a likely source of that character, and I enjoyed his dark castigations. The whole film is a right-brained exercise in non-linear connectivity and improbability. It's not surprising that the general public (and most critics) couldn't get into it. It's just too complex to easily follow and digest.

I think I could only do it because I wasn't trying to logically parse it, it's really a bunch of connections and reflections all catching each other, like facets of a gem reflecting light, some larger, some smaller. Even the music itself is designed that way. The movie is about repeated patternings and snippets of the same "song" woven throughout. It's a shame it wasn't promoted better and released overseas in more venues. It was pretty much understood it wasn't going to bring it what it cost to make, but I'm glad someone tried.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The movie was amazing to me. Yet another book to add to the roster. I loved it..