• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mother of all music surveys

Check all that apply, other folks can see what you pick.

• Total voters

heart

heart on fire
Oso, I will relent, just this once, but only for the bunny's sake.

I can't stand to see a bunny cry!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah..you really needed a 'world music'/other option -- because these days about 1/3 the music I listen to is from outside the U.S.!

But...I recognize the poll maxed out... :smile:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Even though I like alot of music in many of the genres, I can't unequivocally vote for the majority of them. Especially since you chose to group indie with goth and emo. I do like most big band and classical/baroque though.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm having a similar problem- I can't bring myself to check "Christian/Gospel" even though some of my favorite music qualifies (Taize, some hymns, etc) because some of my LEAST favorite music is in that category.

I'm just going to check 'em all. It's true, though, because I do like at least something in just about every genre there is.

heart

heart on fire
Even though I like alot of music in many of the genres, I can't unequivocally vote for the majority of them. Especially since you chose to group indie with goth and emo. I do like most big band and classical/baroque though.

I personally empower you to spend your time and energy creating a poll that is a better fit with your delicate sensibilities. :yes:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think it's a function of the poll so much as it is a function of there being awesome and crappy music in every genre.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fortunately (or unfortunately), I really honestly like EVERYTHING, but my main category is punk/new wave.

I just received Metro Station and Cut Copy as a gift from a friend. Bruce Springsteen and Gary Allan before that. I love Dvorak. I dig Clutch. I even like waxy Edison cylinder tin-pan-alley music.

heart

heart on fire
Fortunately (or unfortunately), I really honestly like EVERYTHING, but my main category is punk/new wave.

I just received Metro Station and Cut Copy as a gift from a friend. Bruce Springsteen and Gary Allan before that. I love Dvorak. I dig Clutch. I even like waxy Edison cylinder tin-pan-alley music.

Yeah my two favs are 80s New Wave and Baroque, I even have mix cds with both alternating. :D Hey, to me they go together, but no one else really sees it that way...

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
You don't have progressive or trip-hop. I probably would have voted for those if you had included them in the poll. Well, at least as long as one of the poll options wasn't something like progressive/country/goth.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think it's a function of the poll so much as it is a function of there being awesome and crappy music in every genre.

exactly...though I'm kind of doubtful about the possibility of awesome death metal or soft rock. (the latter could never be "awesome", even if you like it)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
exactly...though I'm kind of doubtful about the possibility of awesome death metal or soft rock. (the latter could never be "awesome", even if you like it)

I don't know... this is pretty awesome IMO.

And is Mastodon considered death metal? I do like them quite a bit.

heart

heart on fire
Hey, England Dan and John Ford Coley, America, Amborsia, Supertramp, Eagles, ELO, are awesome. Soft Rock, rocks!

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Look, people. Now that we're friends again, I feel like if y'all don't lay off upsetting Heart, I'm going to have to totally go Chris Crocker on this thread. You know how that goes, me with the Youtube video and my makeup running down my cheeks as I scream into the microphone ...

"YOU LEAVE HEART ALONE!!!! AFTER EVERYTHING SHE'S DONE FOR YOU ALL YOU DO IS TAKE TAKE TAKE ... YOU LEAVE HER ALONE! IF YOU WANT TO GET TO HEART YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME! <tears streaming down my face, incomprehensible, incoherent but emotional> Sob ... sob ... sob"

Don't make me do this. It won't be pretty. Stop criticizing the genre options, seriously.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know... this is pretty awesome IMO.

And is Mastodon considered death metal? I do like them quite a bit.

I was a bit out of it and clicked both links within a second of each other. Mastodon combined with Hall and Oates was... interesting, although not quite as bad as you'd expect.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I listen to brutal death metal, mostly.
It takes a lot of noise and intense playing to keep me stimulated.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
In addition to what I selected (All the metal options, Rock), I also like Industrial, and NDH music a lot.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like music with good lyrics, usually genres don't mean that much to me, but i selected a few that the bands i regularly listen to would fit into. :)