• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Splice

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This movie is unbelievable and also offensive. The couple scientists are so gendered it is hilarious. They are both playing God and the woman sees thei creature as "her baby" while the man is this unfeeling caricature of an unwashed INTP. The woman is pasty enough to to be believable as a scientist. :\

Doubt anyone else would care to comment on this movie but so far it's so bad I had to say something.

I'm in the first 30 minutes and already bored.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its a shock value film. Brain not needed.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Its a shock value film. Brain not needed.

I was tempted to start a thread on women in sci-fi and how they either get hyper-feminized (maternal and sexual, needs a man) or hyper-androgenized (yes, that's a word...I MADE IT UP). Sci-fi is the realm of mostly straight men so it makes sense this is how they imagine female characters.

As far as this movie, I cannot suspend belief to even enjoy this film. The fact this high-level brilliant female scientist that almost single handedly was able to create a new form of life goes gaga over this creature and gives her an old Barbie doll (and named it after her own dead daughter?) -- it lost me. The special effects are pretty on point though. The female scientist in Pandorum also had the sexy mama complex and wouldn't let the non-English speaking Asian technician from killing one of the 'super monster/aliens' because "it's just a child". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No wonder they don't let women serve in combat in the US. /end rant.