• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The remake of "Total Recall" opens in exactly...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I LOVED the original, probably watched it 10 times over the years, and after watching the trailers for this remake, I'm not confident it's going in a direction that will be as satisfying ........

Still, I do want to go see it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really hope that they have an alien with at least three boobs in this one too!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The remake is only PG-13? :shock: Does this mean the three-boobed hooker only tells but doesn't show? :(

I really hope that they have an alien with at least three boobs in this one too!

Yeah, she's in the trailer. But like i said, it's PG-motherfucking-13.

Oh well, the Judge Dredd remake looks more promising. I long for an ultra-violent action picture.

And as much as you guys are preserving the memory of the 1990 Paul Verhoeven classic, which I can appreciate, I'm disappointed that no one responded to the "Two weeks" reference.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought the original implementation was cheesy, although I enjoyed the concept.

I didn't think the trailer looked bad, I just didn't see anything that leaped out to me. Reminded me too much of Minority Report, though.

And as much as you guys are preserving the memory of the 1990 Paul Verhoeven classic, which I can appreciate, I'm disappointed that no one responded to the "Two weeks" reference.

Today this city belongs to the Batman.

We can discuss Total Recall tomorrow.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't think the trailer looked bad, I just didn't see anything that leaped out to me. Reminded me too much of Minority Report, though.

The flying cars were cool, but they always are. And I can't stand the needless use of slow-motion bullet-time fight scenes. It's so 1999.

Today this city belongs to the Batman.

We can discuss Total Recall tomorrow.

But we're on Mars right now. Get your ass to Mars.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought the original implementation was cheesy, although I enjoyed the concept.

I think the 90's cheese is the best thing about Total Recall, you just can't bring that back. Minority Report is like the only movie that I've seen that actually closely resembles Philip K Dick source material, though the look was a little too polished. I'd would welcome getting to the source with Total Recall, but I heard they were intending it as a remake of the movie, not as another attempt at the story. And ,anyway, it's been a while since I read it.. I'm not sure if you even want to attempt to be faithful to it. I may have to take a second look.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This will probably be the last movie I see in the theaters this summer.

KDude

The funny thing about the original is how Arnold was supposed to be a naive, average Joe. "Douglas Quaid". That's about the only thing I can see an improvement upon in a remake. He's supposed to slowly discover he's some badass secret agent. But being Arnold, it's totally obvious he's going to fuck everyone up from the start. There's that scene where his coworker and some others ambushes him and he kills him bear handed.. and he acts shocked and scared about it, and goes crying to his wife. It doesn't exactly fit.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The remake is only PG-13?.

Its is a big warning flag for me. Usually, PG-13 for an action flick, especially a summer remake of an R rated, means 'fuck all' low production cash grab.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Its is a big warning flag for me. Usually, PG-13 for an action flick, especially a summer remake of an R rated, means 'fuck all' low production cash grab.

This.

The tendency to push films to pg-13 to try and capture the largest audience has turned me off most pg-13 movies.

My mind instantly gives more artist cred to an R film.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think the remake looks better. Darker, grittier, with a bit more of a edge. I think the original was a bit comical. Schwarzenegger is a terrible actor and the costuming was ridiculous. Of course I saw it more than 10 years after it came out.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's why it should not be re-made.

Yeah, I hear you. Take a look at the trailer though, it actually looks quite a bit better especially on the big screen.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg"]Total Recall Trailer[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I hear you. Take a look at the trailer though, it actually looks quite a bit better especially on the big screen.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg"]Total Recall Trailer[/YOUTUBE]

It depends on how you define "better."

I'm mostly just joking, though. The old one was shitty and hilarious because of its badness. The problem is that this new one may look better, but it will probably be just as shitty...and it will lack that essential absurd quality that made the first one so hilarious because they wanted it to be good and not campy.