• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dark Knight Rises

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Alfred is going to out live em' all. Clever old bastard, he is.
Batty is going to die heroically in a blaze of fire or something. Hollywood does not know any other ending for the protagonists.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought he would realize his life was empty and meaningless without God, convert to Mormonism, the spirit would move upon Bane, and they could be elder twins going door to door in Gotham while Catwoman gives up thievery to become a nun.

However, since Kirk Cameron wasn't available to play Bruce wayne this time out, I'm just figuring Bats is going to die saving Gotham. It makes the most sense.

... Rotten Tomatoes had a high 90's ranking earlier today for it; I have a tentative feeling of anticipation. This MIGHT be my best movie experience of the summer... I hope.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought he would realize his life was empty and meaningless without God, convert to Mormonism, the spirit would move upon Bane, and they could be elder twins going door to oor in Gotham while Catwoman gives up thievery to become a nun.

However, since Kirk Cameron wasn't available to play Bruce wayne this time out, I'm just figuring Bats is going to die saving Gotham. It makes the most sense.

... Rotten Tomatoes had a high 90's ranking earlier today for it; I have a tentative feeling of anticipation. This MIGHT be my best movie experience of the summer... I hope.

Two thoughts:

1) If Kirk Cameron played Bruce Wayne I would have to go on a baby-seal-punching rampage
2) I think he's either going to die or realize that he can't be Batman forever and give it up for good.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
KIRK CAMERON IS A BETTER BRUCE WAYNE THAN CLOONEY.
But seriously.

Nolan laid the Christ allegory on rather heavy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sooo.....there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape!

So they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom.

Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!'

But the second guy just shakes his head. He says... He says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
inbwpf.jpg

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sooo.....there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape!

So they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom.

Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!'

But the second guy just shakes his head. He says... He says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

Is this the beginning of your life story?

W

WALMART

Yes, Batman will have his back broken just like in the comic books, and the story will end on a very dark, tragic note that will be remembered for years to come. I'd put a hefty sum of money on that fact.

*spoiler alert*

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The crippling of Batman is pretty much a given. They wouldn't have used Bane as the antagonist otherwise.
I've also read that the major throwdown between the two is shockingly brutal.

The thesis of the series was laid out within the opening of Begins with Liam Neeson in the Asian prison.
This franchise hasn't been about Batman per se, but rather his symbol and legacy.

I doubt the ending will be "dark." It's more or less about giving Bruce Wayne an arc.
The motif of ascension denotes "salvation" or "redemption" at the end of his run.

One thing that I've been wondering is this: What does Bane represent thematically?

The Joker was chaos incarnate.
Scarecrow was Fear.

What is Bane's tie-in theme?

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Bane is the instrument used to bring forth Batman's demise, heroically or not.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I was thinking among those lines. A sort of "reckoning" if you will.
Gotham is a haven of sin, with Batman at the top of the heap.

An apocalyptic Angel of Death has come to punish the wicked.

I really hope this movie goes where I think it will.
If it isn't as cerebral or ballsy as The Dark Knight, I'll be disappointed.