• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Divergent book series

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Has anyone read the Divergent book series by Veronica Roth? Any thoughts on the MBTI types of the characters or the type correlations for the five factions?

I've read both Divergent and it's sequel Insurgent and I'm having a hard time coming up wtih an MBTI type for the major characters. Maybe because Tris and Tobias/Four are divergent types and don't neatly fit into one faction. Alot of the characters are rather complex rather than being cookie cutter stereotypes, which I suppose adds to the challenge of typing them.

My rough guess would ISTP for Tris just because she reminds me somewhat of Katniss from Hunger Games who I also type as ISTP.

For Tobias/Four, I have no idea. I found a Q & A page and the author of the book, thought ISFJ but I don't know how much she was really thinking of Myers-Briggs when writing the book. In some ways he kind of fits ISFJ but in some ways not.

I think the five factions can be roughly correlated as follows:

Dauntless (emphasizes bravery): SP
Abnegation (emphasizes selflessness): F, especially SFJ
Candor (emphasizes honesty): T
Erudite (emphasizes knowledge and learning): NT
Amity (emphasizes peacefulness): F, especially NFP

Any thoughts as to the characters types and the types of the factions?

zilzie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
?
pretty old thread i know but i had to add what i thought so here it goes

Tris: hmm really not sure, pretty sure not SJ and probably and introvert
Tobias: the author said ISFJ and i pretty much agree with that i guess
Caleb : ISFJ or ISTJ
Jeanine : INTJ seems most likely could be an extrovert though
Eric: ESTP perhaps
Tris's mum: INFJ
cant really say for any of the other characters as i havent read it in awhile

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Tris: INTP
Tobias: ISTJ
Christina: ENFJ
Caleb: INTJ

nos4a2

I remember reading that Veronica Roth went through a phase where she was very obsessive about typing herself, and the series grew out of that. She’s probably no stranger to this forum. :)