• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni in motion picture...

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blueberry AKA. Renegade:

Man on Fire

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I've never seen Blueberry--much less heard of it.
Dune I can ABSOLUTELY see. David Lynch's movies are drawn from a raw, primal subconscious as is.

While I love Man on Fire (I just watched it last week in fact), I must ask: How would you consider that to be a Ni-heavy movie?

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never seen Blueberry--much less heard of it.
Dune I can ABSOLUTELY see. David Lynch's movies are drawn from a raw, primal subconscious as is.

While I love Man on Fire (I just watched it last week in fact), I must ask: How would you consider that to be a Ni-heavy movie?

I see it in Man on Fire as a combination of elements. The soundtrack, the cinematography, and the development of the story. I can see Denzel's character as a Ni user that spent years working and training his way through an SJ heavy military environment until he reached the specialized units doing black side wet-work, which is much more inventive and requires decisiveness based on intuition and out of the box problem solving, as well as a high comfort level working alone for long periods of time while executing individual plans with precision and great flexibility. He eventually payed the psychological cost of severing moral ties with humanity, and meeting the little girl slowly helped him feel human again. Thinking he lost that connection he hadn't had in decades tipped him over the edge. I think Ni in that arena is represented well when his friend described him as an artist, and 'his art is death'. Just my take on it of course.

Renegade is worth the watch.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276830/

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Read the book. The film pales in comparison. Even Lynch does not like it.

I read years ago that he disowned the movie. I can't say I was a fan personally.
But the book is good. I only read the first few chapters. I just couldn't get into it.

As for the rest of the topic: Off the top of my head, movies that can be applied to a macro and micro level (i.e.: Ni):

Blade Runner
Alien
No Country for Old Men
2001: A Space Odyssey
Unbreakable
The Dark Knight
The Empire Strikes Back