• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dead Island

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ummmmmmmmm...does anyone want to play with me on PS3? It's freaking terrifying playing solo and some of the people I play with online are ridicuolous - stealing the only available vehicle and peeling off while Im running after it trying to jump in OR getting all whiny after I throw a grenade and accidentally kill all 3 other players and kicking me...bunch of babies. It just running around by themselves taking up a valuable coop spot.

Also aside from the coop invite - who's played this game and how do you like it?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive played the game a fair bit. Its a real underrated gem. Me and my friends attempted to play this together as well...and then we had a massive fall-out over it when people started acting like selfish jerks (driving off with the cars, running off alone, not helping other people). I guess this game ruins friendships!

Anyway I've got it on PC so unfortunately we cant play together. :(

P.S. Its not scary.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Ummmmmmmmm...does anyone want to play with me on PS3? It's freaking terrifying playing solo and some of the people I play with online are ridicuolous - stealing the only available vehicle and peeling off while Im running after it trying to jump in OR getting all whiny after I throw a grenade and accidentally kill all 3 other players and kicking me...bunch of babies. It just running around by themselves taking up a valuable coop spot.

Also aside from the coop invite - who's played this game and how do you like it?
So far, is the game any good? If so, I'll pick up a copy and play with you. I love zombies!
th_zombie-emoticon.gif

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So far, is the game any good? If so, I'll pick up a copy and play with you. I love zombies!
th_zombie-emoticon.gif

It's really surprisingly fun. And the game is really about coop. The devs made it so some areas are so overwhelming solo that you need a group. I tried running really fast away from all them zombies in the harder areas to my goal point but the devs also accounted for that and made that almost impossible without getting my brains eaten ;_; thats when I started playing coop WITH other people. I played a lot of games in coop mode before that where literally 4 people are on totally different parts of the map doing who knows what and stealing the only vehicle like Nancy says. It's actually very amusing in a bastwrdly way.

Also, I played with someone with voice hat once and when they spoke it sounded like they were 9 years old. where are that kids parents?!

I think for people who play a lot of scary games and fps it's not scary but it's scary to me when I know I might stuck at a checkpoint swarming with zombies who want to eat my brains ;_;

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
It's really surprisingly fun. And the game is really about coop. The devs made it so some areas are so overwhelming solo that you need a group. I tried running really fast away from all them zombies in the harder areas to my goal point but the devs also accounted for that and made that almost impossible without getting my brains eaten ;_; thats when I started playing coop WITH other people. I played a lot of games in coop mode before that where literally 4 people are on totally different parts of the map doing who knows what and stealing the only vehicle like Nancy says. It's actually very amusing in a bastwrdly way.

Also, I played with someone with voice hat once and when they spoke it sounded like they were 9 years old. where are that kids parents?!

I think for people who play a lot of scary games and fps it's not scary but it's scary to me when I know I might stuck at a checkpoint swarming with zombies who want to eat my brains ;_;
Well, I have no fucking clue what's going on in the game, but I'll give it a go. I'll let you know once I'm in.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'd love to see a room of ENFP women playing Dead Island.

133739941583.jpg

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
:laugh:

i'm game!

:yesss:

[MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION] have you started playing? Where are you in the game?

I'm 50% done with the main game but have tons of sidequests and now there's a girl gamer posse coming to the rescue. :whee:

Yesterday I got tanked by a bunch of screaming zombies and almost had a hear attack. I was screaming, too. My dogs being so loyal, decided to leave the room so they could sleep in peace. :thelook:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Got the game and will probably play it tomorrow. Part of me hopes I hate it as, I don't really have time for such distractions. :alttongue:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
P.S. Its not scary.

you must,play a lot of,survival horror. :huh:

It's not scary when you play coop correctly.

Too bad we can't play together.

Ps I noticed I'm missing big chunks of early quests because I was playin coop,and another player would finish the quest snd give me credit for it before I even fot the quest myself. or Rez me way further on The map than I had been when I joined someome in coop. So now Im not sure what's going on in he story line and I'm on chapter 8 and am going back to the resort area to go over stuff. Did you experience something like this?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway I've got it on PC so unfortunately we cant play together. :(

P.S. Its not scary.

This on both counts.

I love this game, it's a shame it hasn't gotten very much attention. It's like Fallout meets Left 4 Dead.

It would be really cool if you could play with people cross-platform.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This game is pretty good! I am a pro now at kicking and beating the shit out of em'! :holy:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you must,play a lot of,survival horror. :huh:

Ps I noticed I'm missing big chunks of early quests because I was playin coop,and another player would finish the quest snd give me credit for it before I even fot the quest myself. or Rez me way further on The map than I had been when I joined someome in coop. So now Im not sure what's going on in he story line and I'm on chapter 8 and am going back to the resort area to go over stuff. Did you experience something like this?

Play Amnesia if you think Dead island is scary :D

And not really, probably because I didnt play with pubs, that way madness lies.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ummm...no! I don't want to watch a scary trailer! You can't make me! :ranting:

I actually like horror and especially survival horror, or I used to. Then I realized I frighten VERY easily so why am I shortening my life span like this??? But, I can't help it, it's like I'm addicted. :/ If I could, I would have a friend play and I would just watch them or play co-op next to them so it's not as scary. OMG I sound like a total wuss right now. Did I mention how I literally started screaming at one point when I was blindsided and ganked by a bunch of infected and my dogs gave me these looks like "wow, you're sad" and left the room to continue their naps?

When I played BioShock for the first time and that psycho lady with the chainsaw is trying to get into the elevator you're in? OMFG, I literally got up from my chair and told my brother I wasn't going to play it. :p

Soooo, anyone else wanna play with me???? :D

I'm seriously getting tired of playing with strangers that run all around the map in the opposite direction of where we're supposed to go or steal stuff. :dry:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ummm...no! I don't want to watch a scary trailer! You can't make me! :ranting:
If I could, I would have a friend play and I would just watch them or play co-op next to them so it's not as scary.

Thats what the video I posted is. Its what people can watch instead of playing the scawy game.

Amnesia is in a league of its own really. I dont find any other games (that I know of) scary...but playing Amnesia makes me way too uncomfortable.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Thats what the video I posted is. Its what people can watch instead of playing the scawy game.

Ha, in that case thank you :D Though I can't help but think you are subtly mocking me for my wussiness. :thelook:

Speaking of trailers, wow the official Dead Island trailer is pretty much awesomeness. I've studied film (what NF hasn't? :p) and damn, it a legit micro movie. <--YES THAT IS A TERM...THAT I MADE UP.

People! Watch this trailer! Get inspired! And join me on the PS3!!!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Id play with you, ive actually been through the story a few times a while back, but unfortunately I own the pc version not PS3.