• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Joss Whedon Show

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE - FOX TV series with Eliza Dushku

who else is going to watch this? I can't wait I love everything Joss Whedon does. Plus Amy Acker who I loved on Angel is in it, and Tim Minear :wubbie: is, I believe writing the 7th episode. I hope it lasts that long though it will probably be cancelled in an episode or two.

I have all these warm fuzzies right now. You have no idea how happy this is making me. Now if it will last for more than a season I'll be so happpy.

Last edited:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a friend's giving me the Buffy & Angel gateway drug into Joss Whedon worship... I'm totally down with any show featuring Amy Acker :D :D

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I'm totally down with any show featuring Amy Acker :D :D

Oh yeah . . . her. I had to google it first. She's alright.

My husband's stoked. He worships JW; is reading academic philosophy books about him and whatnot.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Loved Buffy (pre- season 6/7), Angel (pre-season 5), and Firefly. So really looking forward to this. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Me too, except I'm one of those freaks who loved all 7 seasons of Buffy. though from season 1 I imagined myself as Buffy's younger sister/Giles' daughter, but never told anyone about these fantasies so when they introduce Dawn I was like wow the writers and I are on the same wave length.it didn't hurt that Dawn was my age either. I liked Angel but no where as much as Buffy or Firefly, which reminds me I still need to watch Serenity

Also the fact that it's part Quantum Leap makes me even more interested in this show. It could be the crappiest concept ever, and I'd still be excited just because of the creator.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Please, totally jumped the shark. Come on, totally unexplained spontaneous telepathy!? (Season 7) ;)

I saw Serenity twice in theaters, but it's not enough. 22 episodes a year is much better. :nods:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't care if the shark ate the show while it was jumping over it I still like it.

but, I do agree that the earlier seasons were better overall.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess Buffy really was my hero, and her character in later seasons really violated that concept which made particularly painful for me (rather than natural progression for a show in its later years).

Plus season 7's messages really got my goat. Like when Buffy's friends and family finally stand up together against her crazy "ambush the enemy in a suicide mission" plan. And she took it as a personal attack against her, while really her friends were being reasonable and making their own decisions. And then the show goes and vindicates her.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I was a huge fan of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. At this point in his career, Joss Whedon could pitch a show called "Joss Whedon Drives to 7-11" and my reaction would be like "Oh, awesome! I bet he will buy some mustard. This is gonna rule!!!"

I'm serious.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love Angel and Firefly. Buffy is still better than most everything else going, but I just like the other two shows better. I'm looking very forward to anything Joss makes ever.

Edit: I bought Firefly at Sam's when I was there earlier today. My younger daughter was flipping out when we watch the extra features because Mal is such a girly man irl. It was pretty funny.

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lol~! I really am more hit and miss with Joss' shows, but I admit I'm a huuuuge Firefly fan (flan). I...go to cons dressed like Zoe, and I've met half the cast in person (hides under supergeek blanket).

Dollhouse sounds like an ok concept, but I know Joss will pull it off. He's a genre-bending, multi-talented freak of nature - and I mean that TOTALLY in a good way. :D

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I bought Firefly at Sam's when I was there earlier today. My younger daughter was flipping out when we watch the extra features because Mal is such a girly man irl. It was pretty funny.

Really? I'll have to watch the extras. He's on my Sexiest Guy list.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Really? I'll have to watch the extras. He's on my Sexiest Guy list.
I think it's the contrast. He comes off in the interviews as someone who might cry during Hallmark commercials. Still handsome, but he seems pretty F. I'll be interested to hear your take when you've watched it.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really liked the ending.

I'm surprised you searched through the archives intently enough to find this thread and reply to it. You honestly tricked me into thinking Whedon had a new series coming, only to read about a series that's been canceled for a couple years.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really liked the ending.

The ending was super-awesome. Too bad not enough people trusted Whedon to get past the slow start the first season and the squicky high-tech prostitution angle.

(I saw this thread linked at the bottom of the Post Your Pets thread for some reason so I clicked on it)

F

figsfiggyfigs

The ending was super-awesome. Too bad not enough people trusted Whedon to get past the slow start the first season and the squicky high-tech prostitution angle.

(I saw this thread linked at the bottom of the Post Your Pets thread for some reason so I clicked on it)

I couldn't agree more! :cry:

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm surprised you searched through the archives intently enough to find this thread and reply to it. You honestly tricked me into thinking Whedon had a new series coming, only to read about a series that's been canceled for a couple years.

Again.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
omg haha, I never watched this show I was going to and forgot. it's on netflix maybe i'll watch it after i'm done with eureka