• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I really haven't been playing much at all. Doesn't help that the FPS sucks with macbook pro.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Why don't you try hardcore though. It's exhillirating. And the only way diablo is meant to be played in my opinion.

Disclaimer though, once you go hardcore, you can't go back. ;)
I played HC in D2, and I'm sure I'll get into it soon enough here. I did really enjoy it back then. For me, gaming is a really social thing... So I'm doing what my friends are doing. None of them are really into HC yet. But I, frankly, intend on playing this game for a goooooooood long time, so I'm in no rush.

I don't understand how people can play as much as Patches does (or more). I can't play more than 2 hours before I start feeling like I have to get up and do something else.

*shrug* I've been able to game for hours and hours without breaks since I was a kid. And ever since I was about 15-16 and got into online gaming... It's been worse. Especially with the introduction of MMOs into my life like Everquest, City of Heroes, and WoW.

Someone was conversing with me about this in Vent, and suggested that that kind of gaming is well suited toward IxTJ's. I find that believable. I think I'd type many of the guys I game with regularly as INTJs.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because in diablo 2, I got bored because once you got some items, you basicly became immortal. And the leveling part was the only fun part of diablo 2, whereas endgame was boring.

pvp is the only fun part in diablo 2, leveling/being rushed is just something you need to do for few hours in order to be able to pvp :yes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
finally made it through hell! snagged some absolutely dirt-cheap gear before I started act iv which made act iv pretty much a joke, basically glass-cannoning but usually managing to avoid dying anyway. :wubbie: monk survivability. It's kinda too bad that you can buy decent gear for so very cheap that the drops aren't anywhere near as good, but maybe that'll change in inferno as the drops get better.

I predict lots of dying in inferno. Looking forward to it. :cheese:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
finally made it through hell! snagged some absolutely dirt-cheap gear before I started act iv which made act iv pretty much a joke, basically glass-cannoning but usually managing to avoid dying anyway. :wubbie: monk survivability. It's kinda too bad that you can buy decent gear for so very cheap that the drops aren't anywhere near as good, but maybe that'll change in inferno as the drops get better.

I predict lots of dying in inferno. Looking forward to it. :cheese:
\
Where are you buying gear? Auction house or blacksmith?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
\
Where are you buying gear? Auction house or blacksmith?

Oh, AH. blacksmith is worthless. I can get items for 1-5k on the AH that blow blacksmith and drops both out of the water, with enough persistence. I expect that will change as I develop the need for better gear in inferno, but for now it's working well.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't understand how people can play as much as Patches does (or more). I can't play more than 2 hours before I start feeling like I have to get up and do something else.

Aren't you beta testing Guild Wars 2? You don't play that for more than 2 hours at a time given how excited you were for it? When I played MMOs I would play for more than 2 hours at a stretch, sometimes you have to if you are doing an event or instance with a group.

Having said that, I lack the perseverance for MMOs. I have never made it close to the 'endgame' in any of the ones I've tried.

I loved Diablo II. Can't wait to try III! *Giggity*

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Why don't you try hardcore though. It's exhillirating. And the only way diablo is meant to be played in my opinion.

Disclaimer though, once you go hardcore, you can't go back. ;)

Well, maybe it's because I'm from the old arcade game era, where you had to start all over if you died. But hardcore is one bit adrenaline rush for me. And losing items? They are just some pixels on your screen man. It's unhealthy to get attached to ingame items in my opinion. Just see them as a means to an end, nothing more. xD

For some reason, this sounds classic INTP gamer to me...

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Aren't you beta testing Guild Wars 2? You don't play that for more than 2 hours at a time given how excited you were for it? When I played MMOs I would play for more than 2 hours at a stretch, sometimes you have to if you are doing an event or instance with a group.

Having said that, I lack the perseverance for MMOs. I have never made it close to the 'endgame' in any of the ones I've tried.

I loved Diablo II. Can't wait to try III! *Giggity*
I am beta testing Guild Wars 2, but I still can't play that game for more than 2 hours at a time. That's not to say that I can't play for 6 hours or so in a day, but that play time has to be spread out. If I don't spread it out, I get this intense feeling like I'm missing something (the real world).

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I feel a bit annoyed actually because I keep buying games like Diablo 3, play them obsessively for about 3 weeks then drop them, only to be played sporadically.

Strange because as a child and a teenager I had that same focus [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] mentions about being able to just play for hours.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Question: How would I go about selling this game? It was a digital download. I never play it anymore, and I'm broke.

T

The Iron Giant

Question: How would I go about selling this game? It was a digital download. I never play it anymore, and I'm broke.

There is no way to. It's tied to your Battle.Net account whether you bought it retail or digital. I like Torchlight better too.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no way to. It's tied to your Battle.Net account whether you bought it retail or digital. I like Torchlight better too.

You'll have to try Krater and tell me how that goes. Cheap indie game, like fallout and diablo in one. Ma PC too noob to run

T

The Iron Giant

You'll have to try Krater and tell me how that goes. Cheap indie game, like fallout and diablo in one. Ma PC too noob to run

I bought a brand new iMac to play Diablo III on full settings. I'll have to see if it will run on Lion, if not I'll have to use my Boot Camp partition.

EDIT: Nope, Winderz only. *watches trailer on Steam*

EDIT: Single player only? What's the point...

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bought a brand new iMac to play Diablo III on full settings. I'll have to see if it will run on Lion, if not I'll have to use my Boot Camp partition.

dude, this thing totes is a conspiracy between Blizzard and Apple and whatever to suck out as much $$$ as possible from the masses.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

EDIT: Single player only? What's the point...

A game is not perfect my friend. I thought it looks good and would recommend it to any Diablo fans

dude, this thing totes is a conspiracy between Blizzard and Apple and whatever to suck out as much $$$ as possible from the masses.

Blizzard pretty much own the money printers -_-

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could never get far in Torchlight, something about it didn't sit too well with me. But I can't be bothered anymore starting diablo 3 up now either. It's far less addicting than Diablo 2 was. They messed up with hardcore, grinding goblins in act 2 inferno is not my idea of a good time. But it's pretty much all I can do. Game over I suppose. :p