• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
ah lol this dps is with sharpshooter, crit chance per second from it raises your dps to heavens after chance gets high enough, but it goes down after you shoot, since that dps counts crit chance to it. i was wondering how you get so high dps. your real dps is like 27-30k?

I don't think the sharpshooter buff stacks up in your out-of-game stats, does it? In the Menu screen. It's not until you're in-game that it starts climbing. Everything is SO heavily gear dependent. I was at 9k DPS when I hit 60. Its all because I'm farming nice gear, (or the gold to buy nice gear).

My DH buddy can get up to 102k DPS now, 76k without sharpshooter. It's because of the gear, not sharpshooter.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think the sharpshooter buff stacks up in your out-of-game stats, does it? In the Menu screen. It's not until you're in-game that it starts climbing. Everything is SO heavily gear dependent. I was at 9k DPS when I hit 60. Its all because I'm farming nice gear, (or the gold to buy nice gear).

My DH buddy can get up to 102k DPS now, 76k without sharpshooter. It's because of the gear, not sharpshooter.

it does stack. if you leave the game with the stack full, it shows it on your out of game stats aswell. your mate must have really high crit chance and crit dmg to get so high dps. your damage clearly comes from sharpshooter since you only have 200 more dex than i do and that only adds around 4k dmg with 271-820 dmg bow, 2.14 attacks per sec, 5%crit and 50%crit dmg. even if you had 1.1k dps bow and same attack speed as i do, you couldnt get double the dmg without sharp shooter screen bug having only 200 more dex.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
your damage clearly comes from sharpshooter since you only have 200 more dex than i do and that only adds around 4k dmg with 271-820 dmg bow, 2.14 attacks per sec, 5%crit and 50%crit dmg. even if you had 1.1k dps bow and same attack speed as i do, you couldnt get double the dmg without sharp shooter screen bug having only 200 more dex.

I also have been stacking +% Damage and +% Attack Speed gear. Don't discount the value of % Attack speed, it's fucking huge. Especially given that I do have a 1.2k dps bow.

Ive gotten zero crit chance since my spec doesn't make it necessary. If you're one of those min/max types I reccomend using this excel spreadsheet to play with the impact of different stats on DPS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgrrHNKf4DoQdDFxRUxKUHFiY0xkYjRjVXVlYlI4TUE&toomany=true

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also have been stacking +% Damage and +% Attack Speed gear. Don't discount the value of % Attack speed, it's fucking huge. Especially given that I do have a 1.2k dps bow.

Ive gotten zero crit chance since my spec doesn't make it necessary. If you're one of those min/max types I reccomend using this excel spreadsheet to play with the impact of different stats on DPS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgrrHNKf4DoQdDFxRUxKUHFiY0xkYjRjVXVlYlI4TUE&toomany=true

i know ias gives huge bonus to dps, how many attacks per second you have and how much dps you have without sharp shooter, also im interested on how much life you got? i would want to have some idea about what to aim for when upgrading my dh. been busy on making barb on the side and helping friends, so havent had much time to mf and make gold to upgrade my dh much yet.

xbows have pretty lousy base speed, so naturally you do need a lot of ias to get the speed bearable. i dont know what this min-max type is, but i prefer not having too low min dmg and look mostly at mid dmg in the past at d2 and will on future in d3 after this stuff starts to matter(when pvp comes) and i get some gold. i also prefer not thinking too much about dps, never payed too much attention to it in d2 and viewed attack speed and dmg as separate factors(to a certain degree).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
would be fun to see what other peoples chars and flags look like

k9s6U.jpg

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Almost...there...

Played co-op today with an excellent Barbarian. Seemed impossible for him to die.

Screenshot004.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^nice.

Curious why you play with a female character. Seems gender usually sticks to same gender, from what I've seen.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Female was preselected on character creation for me so I just rolled with it. Also, I have it in my head that in Diablo universe, magic user=female because of DII's sorceress.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Just got done with my first playthrough on normal difficulty -- made level 33 on my monk. Pretty fun game, but my mouse-clicking wrist is killing me :p. Has anyone else found any of the legendary items (on normal and early nightmare)? I had a friend who showed me a legendary monk weapon he got when finishing off diablo on normal... but I didn't get anything that substantial (not sure about his "find magic item %").

I told myself I'd try a witch doctor out next (they seem unpopular?) -- but then I wound up starting with my monk in nightmare. Anyway, still having fun with it...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I finished normal with a lvl 30 monk and found no legendary items :sadbanana:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Yeah - I just did a little bit of reading up... apparently it's not all that big a deal... they are more or less random (and rare... saw one guy who has one... after 5 (5!) playthroughs), and the items themselves aren't necessarily better than others we mere mortals get. My friend got his on the diablo fight, so I figured it was a set-deal, one legendary item for beating him, etc. Was just curious :).

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^nice.

Curious why you play with a female character. Seems gender usually sticks to same gender, from what I've seen.

I'd say majority of guy's gender bend when it comes to games, in the sense of creating female avatars. For different reasons it seems.
As JocktheMotie pointed out, you got the whole D2 thing going on when classes where gender specific.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
5oJ3E.jpg

barb = male
monk/pala/whateverfastmeleeauracasterthing = male
sorceress = female
ranged fast moving = female
power of the earth/dead/animals thing = male

female barb :D
topTeaser_crop_Nadine-Kleinert-haderte-trotz-des-Sieges-mit-ihrer-Leistung.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm I haven't felt like playing again since my 5-day break for a trip. maybe a sign that it's time to start playing in groups instead of soloing. I did want to finish hell by myself, but it was getting pretty frustrating last time I played - not the act bosses so much as the champion and boss mobs. Some of the special ability combinations were pretty much impossible for my current character to beat, and others were incredibly tedious to beat, knocking off one guy at a time in between madly running around. I think I need better equipment if I want to get much further solo. :(