• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn you and [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] are quick. I'm still level 22 trying to put some wizard back together.

My wizard's around level 8 and it's SO.SLOW. So that's probably a big factor. Constantly dying or near-dying, everything takes 3-4 bolts to go down while you take a couple so you have to kite like mad and god help you if you get frozen or trapped. gah. Hopefully it gets better soon. It'd be a lot easier in a group, but that's also kinda cheating, I guess. I don't mind kiting really, but when you have to do it for every freaking zombie it gets annoying fast. I might switch back to my monk for single player actually - the game play is so much more fun. But I'm sure the wizard gets better too.

[MENTION=1330]swordpath[/MENTION], when you mouse over things they tell you what things they'll improve. So something with +dexterity will say +damage in green when you mouse over it in your inventory. You have to decide for yourself whether damage trumps life, etc though.

The extra stuff I've been mostly salvaging since it doesn't really sell for much. Also found out that stash and gold is shared between characters you own, which is a little odd but should make it super easy to trick out future low level guys - haven't looked into that yet myself. I'm using all my gold to upgrade my artisans for now, since buying stuff is probably a waste of money at this level.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My wizard's around level 8 and it's SO.SLOW. So that's probably a big factor. Constantly dying or near-dying, everything takes 3-4 bolts to go down while you take a couple so you have to kite like mad and god help you if you get frozen or trapped. gah. Hopefully it gets better soon. It'd be a lot easier in a group, but that's also kinda cheating, I guess. I don't mind kiting really, but when you have to do it for every freaking zombie it gets annoying fast. I might switch back to my monk for single player actually - the game play is so much more fun. But I'm sure the wizard gets better too.
Wizard does start out very slow, in beta I noticed Monks would be great early and leave me in the dust. But you really start cleaning up when you get the right runes. I went with Shock Pulse with the explodey rune [whatever the first one is], Arcane Orb with Obliterate rune, Diamon Skin, Frost Nova and still run with it now. Diamond skin is imperative for staying a live and Shock Pulse with that rune is wonderful AoE damage while your Arcane Orb is recharging. Magic Missles doesn't get good until you get the Split rune, and even then I find Shock Pulse to be better.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah.. I'm playing a monk and wizard (mostly monk) too. I enjoy the game, but haven't spent much time figuring out how to really play... like what stats I should look for, etc. Anyways, I don't know what I'm doing, but it's still fun :)

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Liking it so far, got a monk to level 23 so far.. it's a little boring at times when no one is online to join with.
Worried it wouldn't show up towards d2, but its doing alright so far, different game in a lot of sense but.. I'm not disappointed with the money spent.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
they decided to make an secret ENFP level on it :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
At the pace that Patches moved along, I'd say she most likely skipped pretty much every sightseeing opportunity.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
RowbT.png

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yay found my first unique :)

Vlgnm.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's been a productive day. :) :) :wubbie: monk so hard.

monk-1.jpg

wizard.jpg

DH.jpg

And yeah [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] that is sweet. I've found one unique but it's nothing special, low level boots that are worse than what I have already.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
its for trade(@euro), but those things cost quite a bit

Yeah. I'm not even half way to the required level yet anyways. Plus, I'm completely broke in Diablo. Just got a new weapon in the auction house last night.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Much lub to [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] who joined my game and dumped a ton of great gear on me. Thanks for pimpin' my ride.

screenshot20120521at246.png

screenshot20120521at251.png