• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Played it today, it's pretty much like diablo 2 so far. It's also really easy got to level 5 in 20 minutes. The graphics also look horrid I hope that it's because it's an open beta.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Played it today, it's pretty much like diablo 2 so far. It's also really easy got to level 5 in 20 minutes. The graphics also look horrid I hope that it's because it's an open beta.

Nah I expect this is as good as they will get.

I dont agree with you though. They aren't amazing, maybe not even good, but they arent "bad" either. They are fairly basic as blizzard want the game to be able to run on low-end systems. Im cool with it.

Also, keep in mind how many enemies, friendlies, special effects etc will be on screen at a time in a full game.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Nah I expect this is as good as they will get.

I dont agree with you though. They aren't amazing, maybe not even good, but they arent "bad" either. They are fairly basic as blizzard want the game to be able to run on low-end systems. Im cool with it.

Also, keep in mind how many enemies, friendlies, special effects etc will be on screen at a time in a full game.

The graphics look outdated by 8-10 years I expected it to be at least on par with sc2.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The appearance didn't bother me, but it very much feels like playing the original Diablos, in terms of graphics and play, etc, although maybe with more options in the environment.

It was a fun diversion for a few hours this week. The barbarian was a badass -- I was mowing down baddies by what seemed to be the hundreds, wielding two blades at once.

Not sure how interactivity with other players would work, didn't try anything like that.

I got bored and started playing free WoW eventually, since it's hooked into Battlenet now. Just doing the trial run, although I had an active account for two years. I really don't want to start paying a monthly fee for it again, but it was kind of nostalgic to walk through the world again and interesting to see all the changes they added to help n00bs. For me personally, even in real life, I like to get out in the wilderness and wander around and explore, and a lot of the game can feel that way as well, which I like. Even if the stylized graphics are kind of getting outdated as well again.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
the graphics arent any more oudated than wow's were when it came out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the graphics arent any more oudated than wow's were when it came out.

my feeling, too, is that if a game is really good, then graphics won't necessary distract from it (unless they're really godawful).

like I said, I had fun playing both, even if they aren't the most current thing out right now. It's not like I won't go back and play Tomb Raider or SWKOTOR 1&2 just because they're a few years old, graphics-wise. Good games last.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
played it through with all characters(didnt level 13 tho), too bad the beta is so short.

demon hunter > all, tho monk comes close.

i like the graphics a lot. yes it has quite simple graphics, but the simplicity adds to playability.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dunno why the video got so dark and why mediacoder was unable to save the increase brightness settings.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So will you guys be up for some D3 typoc jolly co-operation once the game comes out?

Cry aye if you are up for it!

One thing that most strikes me when playing the beta is how easy the game is. I know that this is just normal mode, and that there are many additional, harder, modes to choose from. But I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
So will you guys be up for some D3 typoc jolly co-operation once the game comes out?

Cry aye if you are up for it!

One thing that most strikes me when playing the beta is how easy the game is. I know that this is just normal mode, and that there are many additional, harder, modes to choose from. But I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.

I created a Hardcore Wizard, where character death is permanent and it was far more fun.

The Battlenet is confusing though. I wanted to add people and I had no idea how to do it, as my character names, email account name, and "Battle net name" are all different. So I basically just joined public matches.

I should still have access to the beta as I had it before the open weekend so if anyone still wants to play I'm up for it.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
frankly I like the graphics. They re not the ''wow(world of warcraft, not wow im impressed) graphics'' they showed us a while back, the graphics are much richer than in diablo 2 yet remains easily readable despite rather dark environments. With contrasted and dark settings you d expect such a graphic style to be anathema to rapid gaming and mobs of well... mobs.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
True. I haven't died once (well except that one time i left my character get beaten to death to see what would happen).
Now it IS the first act, and in d2 dying in the first act was generally caused by randomly attributed majorly freakish special abilities (such as electric shocks taking half of your HP out every time you strike, not cool for close combat characters)
but yeah while the combats are dynamic and all it isnt very challenging so far.

I haven't found mobs with special abilities to be particularly hard to beat, just takes more time. I liked the hazard they represented in d2

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't found mobs with special abilities to be particularly hard to beat, just takes more time. I liked the hazard they represented in d2

I just basically kept an eye on my health and kept hammering home for d3. it pretty much was a button-clicker.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I just basically kept an eye on my health and kept hammering home for d3. it pretty much was a button-clicker.

Yeah its pretty much like playing the roulette. A bit of thought, lots of clicking. But its pleasant and sort of tailored to my particular mix of novelty / pattern seeking. Human psychology being what it is and all.

I think I d like to play it occasionally when it comes out. Then again its about finding the time. But hey, there is always time if you manage it well.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

well, no wonder since its just the beginning of act1 normal

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah its pretty much like playing the roulette. A bit of thought, lots of clicking. But its pleasant and sort of tailored to my particular mix of novelty / pattern seeking. Human psychology being what it is and all.

Yeah. I didn't mean to sound like that wasn't worthwhile in itself, at times; sometimes I just want to float around and respond to things in that kind of manner. I usually play mix of games / do a mix of things.