• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

movie recommends plz :O

exact

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
The last movie I watched recommended that I watch several movies in the trailers.

Perhaps you are looking for move suggestions in the wrong place?

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Julien Donkey-Boy is on my list of movies to watch, but I'm skeptical of how well it would capture this mood.

I've read the Uzumaki manga. It had some of what I'm trying to describe. It's really good. A huge part of that is the 80s pulp horror feel.

Maybe. I dunno if it has the mood, but it looks good.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
80's horror movies are grand, don't know anything about your manga.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
it does. much more than eternal shittyshine.

Wow, I thought I was the only person in the universe who saw that movie and was like "so...what's the big deal with this? Can't I watch Kate Winslet as a little murdering lesbian girl again?"

Yeah. High five on that.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow, I thought I was the only person in the universe who saw that movie and was like "so...what's the big deal with this? Can't I watch Kate Winslet as a little murdering lesbian girl again?"

Yeah. High five on that.

fuk dat, eternal sunshine is my shit

straight up og material, no room fo tha h8rs

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!

Yeah. High five on that.

i like charlie kaufman a lot.
my favourite movie from him is adaptation.

but eternal sunshine was like ehhhhh.
i wanted to like it. but i didn't. jim carrey's
character was such a pussy in that movie
so irritating.

extremely depressing

it is. saw it once, don't think i'll watch it again.
but glad i watched it.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it does. much more than eternal shittyshine.

I'll take your word for it. But if you think it had more of the mood than the elephant scene in Eternal Shittyshine (hey, I liked that movie), then we might not be talking about the same mood.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Stephen Crane's short story: The Open Boat.

Sorry it's not a movie, but I couldn't stop trembling when I read that one.

And yeah, Dancer in the Dark is extremely depressing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OH MAN. CHAOS. ATTACKS ON HUMAN ORDER. AND REALITY.

Dude, the documentary Wisconsin Death Trip.

So fantastic.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Also, I'd love to hear some more details on what you're looking for. I have that feeling from time to time, and it feels like I'm searching for something very specific but can't really describe.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, I'd love to hear some more details on what you're looking for. I have that feeling from time to time, and it feels like I'm searching for something very specific but can't really describe.

Downloaded The Open Boat, internet cuts off soon, will read it and then sleep.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read The Open Boat last night. Maybe I'm a bad reader and get bored too easily. I loved parts of it. I liked the seagulls a lot. I liked the end, where he wakes up to that scene with blankets and the dead guy, and the waves continue into the night. Those gave me that feeling.

My GUESS is that I'm looking for what marm described--chaos, attacks on human order. More examples: a scene where a guy explodes into a mass of morpho butterflies, a scene where an exhausted looks to the camera and sees an audience cheering wildly, the scene in Eternal Sunshine where they're at the feverish elephant parade right before everything begins to collapse, the government conspiracies and psychic children in Akira, Thai pop played over bad speakers, meeting God on acid. They're all pretty different.

[MENTION=6971]21%[/MENTION] That is an easy name to type.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Loved the seagulls too.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Loved the seagulls too.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Neon Genesis Evangelion?

I haven't seen it, except the very first 2 or 3 episodes when I first got into anime, and later a few clips [MENTION=10240]gmanyo[/MENTION] showed me. I like religious symbolism a lot, especially meaningless religious symbolism. I hear Evangelion has that. But gmanyo thought it was mostly mediocre. Should I watch it?

I'm reading about Jung and psychosis and Stanislav Grof's theory of it being "spiritual emergencies" where archetypal myths are playing out. That's related, somehow.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recommend one of the funniest movies ever.

Rob Zombie Presents: The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onuKSRYBKnA&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Drob%2Bzombie%2Bpresents%2Bel%2Bsuperbeasto%26oq%3Drob%2Bzombie%2Bpresents%2Bel%2Bsuperbeasto%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3...49643984.49676390.0.49677515.36.15.1.6.6.0.2969.5924.3j6j2j1j1j1j9-1.15.0...0.0.wVJ_x7kM6dg"]Trailer[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAAV2xoZzc"]Suzie X Theme[/YOUTUBE]