• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NHL Playoffs coming!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just don't think its so easy to tell. Pulling the goalie could do the down team good, or it could even hurt them, all in just ten seconds. 2 minutes, the same story or it could do nothing at all. It's hit or miss to the point where I don't even think you could get good statistics on it.

If there's one thing sports has revealed in the past decade (thanks to poker!) is there are always statistics. People just have to put in the work, and inefficiencies will be found.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
If there's one thing sports has revealed in the past decade (thanks to poker!) is there are always statistics. People just have to put in the work, and inefficiencies will be found.

Well maybe there are stats, but not stats that strongly support either side. Meaning no "tried and true".

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION]: for you

Pulling the goalie is more often than not an energizing act of desperation ..... the last ditch effort rather than something purely strategic. You have a higher probability of scoring a goal, but also increase the odds you'll be scored against.

It's good drama for sure.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS!

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that the Rangers have eliminated the Caps...I can't help but wonder if we'll be seeing any more of this:

E

Epiphany

Now that the Rangers have eliminated the Caps...I can't help but wonder if we'll be seeing any more of this:

Fights will definitely ensue between these two rivals. I expect it to be an exciting series comparable to the Flyers and Penguins in round 1.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Boy I sure hope so... That's some good stuff.

It'll be an exciting series, [MENTION=9807]Moniker[/MENTION] but I think the Rangers are ultimately going to take it to the final matchup.
Just going off of this year's games between the two, that is.

Usehername

On a mission
Listening to the coyotes/kings game online . . . the announcers just don't sound like they're calling an NHL game. Maybe because it's so far south.

E

Epiphany

It'll be an exciting series, [MENTION=9807]Moniker[/MENTION] but I think the Rangers are ultimately going to take it to the final matchup.
Just going off of this year's games between the two, that is.

I don't really have a preference between the two. Should be fun to watch though. At this point, I'm rooting for LA.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION]: for you

Pulling the goalie is more often than not an energizing act of desperation ..... the last ditch effort rather than something purely strategic. You have a higher probability of scoring a goal, but also increase the odds you'll be scored against.

It's good drama for sure.

Empty net goals are irrelevant. I think that's the reason the strategy hasn't been fully explored. Someone will do it sooner or later.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think both of these current series will be settled in 5 games or less.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With the way the Kings are playing now, the Stanley Cup could be a truly interesting and intense matchup.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't he though? It's as if his team would go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs if they weren't always getting screwed somehow. And he's so passive-aggressive about it, too.

This is especially funny considering that his team has been squeaking by the late season and the finals with 1-point-lead-at-the-last-minute victories, and losing several games to teams they should have beaten because of some silly coaching decisions he made.
I love the Rangers, but I have to admit Tortie is really grating on me, especially as of late.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
He's quite the prick, but his interviews are fun to watch on youtube! He's one of those people that if you were to clean his clock one good time, it'd probably be immensely satisfying.