• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NHL Playoffs coming!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Love it.

[YOUTUBE="sh0ODce5wkY"].[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.minbcnews.com/sports/story.aspx?id=743739#.T5hVbI4_YuI
Wings frustrated by Predators Goalie Pekka Rinne

DETROIT -- For the second-straight game, the Red Wings doubled the amount of shots of the Nashville Predators, but still ended up losing Game Four 3-1.

Now Detroit must head back to Nashville down three games to one.

The Wings' frustrations continue to mount, thanks in large part to the play of Preds' net minder Pekka Rinne.

Detroit peppered him with 41 shots Tuesday night, but only one found the back of the net.

In fact, Detroit has only gotten eight goals past him in four playoff games. Rinne is second so far in the playoffs in save percentage.

Post-game, the Wings' players said they feel they are playing well enough to win, with sustained pressure in the Nashville zone, but need to figure out Rinne and fast.

"It's every game one goal," Wings Forward Pavel Datsyuk said. "We need to score more, more on the power play, just score more.

"It's frustrating, but you've got to push passed that," Captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. "You're playing playoff hockey now, you're not going to get breaks all the time. You've got to fight for it now. We're in a tough situation, we have to go to Nashville now and win one game."

"We got to keep at them," Goalie Jimmy Howard said. "We've got to keep going and we've got to remain positive in this locker room. We just have to find a way to win one."

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bruins are hanging on by a thread so I am abstaining from a second choice for now. I like their chances tonight though (hope I didn't just jinx it!) :D

Jinx!

That series was fun, all seven games decided by one goal, 4 OT games.

E

Epiphany

Bruins are hanging on by a thread so I am abstaining from a second choice for now. I like their chances tonight though (hope I didn't just jinx it!) :D

Tim Thomas' epic moustache couldn't get the job done tonight. I was rooting for him; not the Bruins, just Thomas.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, even with the Wings out of it, I think this is one of the best playoffs ever. I'm calling it right now - St Louis and Washington in the final.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
BRUINSSSSS DOWNNNNN and i couldn't be happier.

Booo...hissssssss!! :(

I can now see me on the Preds bandwagon that seems to be rolling right along here. As I mentioned before, its them or Florida for me now!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw some pretty nasty comments about Simmonds on the Flyers during that really heated Game 3. People are just rude.

Yeah don't say anything, just throw a banana!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Warm up your towels, heres a Canucks fan. My prediction may be a little biased but I do think we have a better team than last year, (seriously, our front end is a lot bettter, mor Scnieder, me likey)
West Quarter
1. Vancouver vs 8. Los Angeles (Van in 5) Need I explain?
2. St Louis vs 7. San Jose (Blues in 7) San Jose appears pretty strong and made a big push near the end to get into the playoffs. I think they'll give St Louis trouble.
3. Phoenix vs 6. Chicago (Hawks iin 6) Chokers gunna choke.
4. Detroit vs Nashville (Red Wings in 6) Head to head, the wings are simply more talented.

East Quarter

1. New York vs. Ottawa (Rangers in 4) Ottawa is weak, and hasnt been in the playoffs for years, they get swept)
2. Boston vs 7. Washington (Boston in 5) Washington SUCKS this year
3. Florida vs 6. New Jersey (NJ in 5) New Jersey is a better team, Florida gets their shitty ass division this year.
4. Pittsburgh vs 5. Phildelphia (Philelphia in 7) Im banking on Crosby getting Re Injured sometime soon..

Before the Second Round starts, I'll make more, what do other hockey fans think will happen?
I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I had to LOL at these predictions. The only one that was even remotely close was the Flyers-Penguins series.

E

Epiphany

Tim Thomas: what a guy!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnAec-EUp5w"]Tim Thomas tells a fan to smile[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL. Braden Holtby isn't having your childish antics.

pev.gif

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Not a tremendous hockey fan, but using tonights Ranger game as an excuse to post my favorite hockey gif.

hockeyfacesmack_medium.gif

Go Rangers!

V

violaine

I know almost less than nothing but I'm a New Yorker by choice and recent hockey fan (the only interesting US sport IMO)... Watching the Rangers... Go Rangers!

E

Epiphany

I know almost less than nothing but I'm a New Yorker by choice and recent hockey fan (the only interesting US sport IMO)... Watching the Rangers... Go Rangers!

Hockey is the best sport...in the world. Hands down!

Not a tremendous hockey fan, but using tonights Ranger game as an excuse to post my favorite hockey gif.

Go Rangers!

:laugh:

LOL. Braden Holtby isn't having your childish antics.

What was up with that non-slash? He should've just went through with it.

Speaking of antics, does anyone remember the Brodeur/Avery incident? They had to institute a new rule because of it. And the fact that he scored moments later was like putting salt in the wound.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw"]Avery vs Brodeur[/YOUTUBE]