• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NHL Playoffs coming!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, they are really making a point here with those suspensions when they're down 2-0. It's not a huge deal though. Radulov was playing like shit anyway, and this could be a big circle-the-wagons moment for the team.

My favorite part of that was reading that Ilya Kovalchuk won't be playing in Game 2 against the Flyers :p

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, everyone is angered by Radulov even before him being a selfish idiot and violating curfew. He's really not showing up to play lately. I'm a little concerned that Kostitsyn is gone for the game, because he's given the Preds 2 goals/points in this series so far. I don't think this is the kiss of death, but it doesn't seem like its helping the Pred's chances of getting out of this hole. Screw it though, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game.

I'll probably check out some of this Flyers game going on.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Whatever asshole is doing the King's twitter comments this season is fucking killing me. I kinda want to pull for them just so they keep doing this.

5nDRO.png

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Haha. Love it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was some local L.A. comedian or something.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whatever asshole is doing the King's twitter comments this season is fucking killing me. I kinda want to pull for them just so they keep doing this.

Agreed! It's pretty awesome. Love the sour grapes Canucks fan chiming in and just asking for it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Kings are playing wickedly. If they keep this up, I expect to see them play the East for the cup.

An hour or so until puck drop in Nashville. Kinda nervous.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Preds impressing me tonight. Great game.

And good gracious at the rangers/caps game going into triple OT.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Pekka Rinne was phenomenal. Hopefully, we'll see a repeat in game 4.

This game is intense.
I wish the two games weren't going simultaneous. I devoted all my attention to the Preds game, and tuned in for a few minutes at the beginning of the 3rd OT but then went home before the conclusion (don't have TV, used my neighbors set :D).

Rinne was astounding, as he USUALLY is. Can't wait for the game on Friday. Here's to hoping the Preds send the Coyotes home battered and bruised when its all said and done :cheers:

E

Epiphany

I wish the two games weren't going simultaneous. I devoted all my attention to the Preds game, and tuned in for a few minutes at the beginning of the 3rd OT but then went home before the conclusion (don't have TV, used my neighbors set :D).

Rinne was astounding, as he USUALLY is. Can't wait for the game on Friday. Here's to hoping the Preds send the Coyotes home battered and bruised when its all said and done :cheers:

Coach Trotz made a wise decision to suspend Radulov and Kostitsyn. In his own words before the game, "Tonight if we get it done then I would expect we would go back to the same group."

I think Nashville has the potential to go all the way. If Phoenix, Philadelphia and Washington all wash out this round, I will be a happy camper.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm inclined to agree with Trotz's call. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. The team worked well tonight, and I wanna see the same dynamics going into the next game.

As for going all the way, I think the Preds have as good a shot as any too, but Los Angeles kind of scares me. I think an LA/Nash match-up to settle the West would be insane and a highly entertaining series though.

What I liked tonight almost as much as Rinne's stellar game was the rest of the team's defensive effort. They really gave it hell the whole way through.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I do think the Preds are still going to need to work on finding effective ways to score goals on Smith though. We scored two early ones and those were due almost as much to mistakes made by the Yotes as it was goal scoring talent by the offense. Working Smith is a chore, and that could be our Achilles heel. Luckily we have the same talent on our net for defending it, but the Yotes seem to play better offensively than we do.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Coach Trotz made a wise decision to suspend Radulov and Kostitsyn. In his own words before the game, "Tonight if we get it done then I would expect we would go back to the same group."

I think Nashville has the potential to go all the way. If Phoenix, Philadelphia and Washington all wash out this round, I will be a happy camper.

Good call by Trotz. I'd make them sit the whole series because last night when they showed Radulov and Kostitsyn walking into the arena, they were laughing and all that. They don't think everyone will see it?

Ugh. @#$% Rangers. Someone needs to sacrifice a suspension and run Lundqvist over.

:laugh: The Ovie post shot, I've never felt bad for him until then.

E

Epiphany

I'm inclined to agree with Trotz's call. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. The team worked well tonight, and I wanna see the same dynamics going into the next game.

Good call by Trotz. I'd make them sit the whole series because last night when they showed Radulov and Kostitsyn walking into the arena, they were laughing and all that. They don't think everyone will see it?

All of the commentators were predicting that Nashville would take Game 3, despite the suspensions. It reflects well on Trotz's character as a coach too to make that kind of decision in the playoffs. Radulov and Kostitsyn didn't play the majority of the season with Nashville anyway. The Predators practically made it to the playoffs without them.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
True. Seems like Tootoo is a fan favorite but last night was his first post season game this year.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Tootoo and Halischuk confirmed to stay in the line-up this evening.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is going to earn me ire, but...
RANGERS!!