• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ender's Game (2013)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trolls are already attacking this as a comic book movie.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trolls are already attacking this as a comic book movie.

Some are calling it a Hunger Games copycat. :shrug: Probably the ones who have never read the book.

But from what I am reading, having to go through Ender's internal dialogue is harder than just going to Bean's book. So the movie might have Ender's Shadow written all over it with some emphasis on Ender's Game here and there.

But the first trailer of it is getting lots of troll comments though.

W

WALMART

The movie would be so epic if they focused on the Ender's Shadow narrative, viewing Ender from a more detached, mythical perspective.

I really hate they show the resolution of the novel in this trailer, though the plot details are left out. I guess that's something.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The movie would be so epic if they focused on the Ender's Shadow narrative, viewing Ender from a more detached, mythical perspective.

I really hate they show the resolution of the novel in this trailer, though the plot details are left out. I guess that's something.

They don't show the resolution of the novel in the trailer. Remember...?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm. I cannot explicitly detail what I am getting at without spoiling anything to you, I'll rep you about it.

That scene you're referring to was not the end, or resolution, of the novel. It was the novel's climactic scene. The resolution scene is just the opposite of what one might expect.

W

WALMART

That scene you're referring to was not the end, or resolution, of the novel. It was the novel's climactic scene. The resolution scene is just the opposite of what one might expect.

I disagree, but seeing as how you've decided to bring it back into the public domain you apparently do not want to have a serious discussion about the content of the novel, which I refuse to potentially spoil for anyone who has not read the book.

The climax is before this scene, btw.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree, but seeing as how you've decided to bring it back into the public domain you apparently do not want to have a serious discussion about the content of the novel, which I refuse to potentially spoil for anyone who has not read the book.

The climax is before this scene, btw.

Do you know the difference between a climax and a resolution, btw? Stories can have more than one climax. I would suggest reading up on the difference between them, and then reading the Wiki page on Ender's Game.
http://www.learner.org/interactives/story/climax.html

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm a bit ambivalent about it, to be honest. I really enjoyed the book as a kid, and still like it. It has a lot of potential as a movie (why hasn't this happened before?), even if the subject matter might be a bit dark (given that the major characters are kids thrown into very non-kid situations).

But in the last few years OSC has really gone off the deep end, in my opinion, and I'll have a hard time supporting anything he does in the future -- including this movie. My guess is that I won't bother seeing it, and won't really regret it.

Now I'm just waiting for Mistborn.

Now *there* is a series that I'd like to see in a movie. Not sure a movie could do it justice (although my thoughts on this have changed a bit after seeing some of Game of Thrones), but definitely a good read.