• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My random pictures.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
My random pictures / sketches.

I have decided to put up a few more pictures, as I thought people would find them moderately interesting.

I drew them all in the last 6 or 7 months. They are in the order that I drew them, so they should get better.

Feel free to give positive criticism, comment, or whatever.

Me obviously.

My sister.

If no one can tell me who this person is, I think I am going to cry.

Some random person I don't really know.( In other words, it's INTP code for I like to stalk her around Oxford.;) )

Last edited:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I didn't know you draw Falc! Portraits are notoriously difficult to do. *nods* I think you did a fine job. Their eyes reminds me a bit of raptor eyes for some reason? Hmmm dunno. Perhaps it's the different way you did the shading for them in comparison to the rest of the face and clothing etc... :thinking:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I didn't know you supported Bush.
:rolleyes:

I don't, I am one of his biggest critics. Having said that, in a peculiar way I find him inspirational. He showed me a drunken alcoholic, with a linguistics ability no higher than the average aptitude of a parrot, who was born to fail in life, can make something of oneself if they put their mind to it.

As one of the most photographed people in the world it is just more easier to find a picture of him to draw.

An amusing story:

When I was in our equivalent of High school, in art class I had to do about 5 or so small projects to make up my portfolio (natural forms, facets of life, imaginative paintings, life in a box, and pop art). When I was doing Pop Art, I did not know what to do for my final piece, as I hate Pop Art. I decided to do a big picture of George W. Bush. My logic was if people thought it was awful, then that would be a compliment, as art is about expressing yourself. Therefore, if people thought it was awful, I would have expressed myself in the ultimate way, as I thought Mr. Bush was awful.

So, I spent 13 or 14 hours trying to do a bad picture of Mr. Bush, on A2 paper, using random artistic mediums. Chalk and charcoal for his hair. oil pastels for his skin. Water added to water-soluble pastels to make paint for his shirt and jacket.

The problem was my art teacher liked it, and gave me my highest mark for it. I lost all respect for her after that day. To this day I am sure she only gave me that mark to spite me. :cry:

Not so sadly, I can't show you lot the picture as I don't have it any more. I told my teacher that I hated it, and that I was only going to get rid of it anyway, so she could do what she wants with it.

I didn't know you draw Falc! Portraits are notoriously difficult to do. *nods* I think you did a fine job. Their eyes reminds me a bit of raptor eyes for some reason? Hmmm dunno. Perhaps it's the different way you did the shading for them in comparison to the rest of the face and clothing etc... :thinking:

I did draw and paint more, but I am trying to start doing it more again. I sort of become disillusioned with art a few years back. I find the formal teaching of art far too stretched and rigid.

:unsure: I don't know what to make of your raptor comment.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't, I am one of his biggest critics. Having said that, in a peculiar way I find him inspirational. He showed me a drunken alcoholic, with a linguistics ability no higher than the average aptitude of a parrot, who are born to fail in life, can make something of oneself if their Daddy decides to make him president

Fixed!

I like the one of your sister the best and then the random girl. I would like to encourage you as a young artist and say that I can tell your personal style is developing. The reason why I like the one of your sis the best is that in the other pictures, it's harder to tell if they aren't in 'realistic scale' unintentionally (actual drawing acuity) or intentionally (personal style). The one of your sis also has the best 'gaze' of the subject, you captured a cheeky energy that meshes well with your 'fisheye lens' modern absurdist? style of drawing. Those two pics actually remind me of the work of modern comic book - ahem, 'serialized art' -- artists and illustrators. Actually, it's better than Dame Darcy's pencilwork and she's famous!

Alright, did I make any sense or do I sound like a pretentious art student? Wait, don't answer that.

Falci, are you in the UK or in Mississippi? (From your Oxford comment) And do you have formal training or are you self-taught?

And keep drawing those pictures and posting and sharing and getting feedback! I wish I had taken my nascent drawing proclivities sketched more when I were younger. I contemplated studying illustration. I think I could be making interesting stuff right now if I had. Instead, I can't draw worth a fig.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I am sure Jeb Bush helped as well.;)

I like the one of your sister the best and then the random girl. I would like to encourage you as a young artist and say that I can tell your personal style is developing. The reason why I like the one of your sis the best is that in the other pictures, it's harder to tell if they aren't in 'realistic scale' unintentionally (actual drawing acuity) or intentionally (personal style). The one of your sis also has the best 'gaze' of the subject, you captured a cheeky energy that meshes well with your 'fisheye lens' modern absurdist? style of drawing. Those two pics actually remind me of the work of modern comic book - ahem, 'serialized art' -- artists and illustrators. Actually, it's better than Dame Darcy's pencilwork and she's famous!

:hug:

Your too kind. Falcarius goes off to find some art by Dame Darcy.

Falci, are you in the UK or in Mississippi? (From your Oxford comment)
Yeah, I'm from the real one.

You know the one where the first dinosaur to be formally described and given a proper scientific name was found - Megalosaurus , the place that was ignored by the Romans, the place the Danes hated so much they burned it, the place Hitler loved, and the place Osama bin Laden went on vacation .:ninja:

And do you have formal training or are you self-taught?
Mainly self-taught. I tried formal training but it did not work out so well.

And keep drawing those pictures and posting and sharing and getting feedback!
I got some others drawings that I did over Christmas. I will post them when I get round to it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
An amusing story:

When I was in our equivalent of High school, in art class I had to do about 5 or so small projects to make up my portfolio (natural forms, facets of life, imaginative paintings, life in a box, and pop art). When I was doing Pop Art, I did not know what to do for my final piece, as I hate Pop Art. I decided to do a big picture of George W. Bush. My logic was if people thought it was awful, then that would be a compliment, as art is about expressing yourself. Therefore, if people thought it was awful, I would have expressed myself in the ultimate way, as I thought Mr. Bush was awful.

So, I spent 13 or 14 hours trying to do a bad picture of Mr. Bush, on A2 paper, using random artistic mediums. Chalk and charcoal for his hair. oil pastels for his skin. Water added to water-soluble pastels to make paint for his shirt and jacket.

The problem was my art teacher liked it, and gave me my highest mark for it. I lost all respect for her after that day. To this day I am sure she only gave me that mark to spite me. :cry:
:rofl1: I find that ironic... Well I suppose you can expect something like that to happen. Art is really about expressing emotions. Even if you hate somebody... as long as the emotions are strong, you tend to transfer that onto paper. Emotions translate to energy... effort in the work.

Not so sadly, I can't show you lot the picture as I don't have it any more. I told my teacher that I hated it, and that I was only going to get rid of it anyway, so she could do what she wants with it.
I'm not a big fan of him either... no great lost there for me lol!

I did draw and paint more, but I am trying to start doing it more again. I sort of become disillusioned with art a few years back. I find the formal teaching of art far too stretched and rigid.
*nods* I don't practically care for formal art lessons either. Perhaps it's because I'm far too impatient, wanting to go off exploring different things rather than to sit and practice.

:unsure: I don't know what to make of your raptor comment.
I'm not sure I know what to make of it either to tell you the truth! Something looks a little off... like the corner of the eyes are a tad too rigid?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Imaginary still life.

My mothers antique spoons.

Someone said I look depressed so I draw a picture of how I was feeling.

What, you mean not everyone has pipes laying around their bedroom?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I was experimenting with these pictures;

Flowers.

Random jugs.

Top picture; some sort of bolt or the like. Bottom picture; screwed up paper.

My weapon of choice (Photo did not come out too well).

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Some more art.:yes:

Random castle in Scotland (Sterling Castle I think).
dsc04971tm2.jpg

Random flowers in pastel.
dsc05010wo6.jpg

I was looking on google for random architecture, and I drew in charcoal what is supposedly a world famous landmark. Its in California, I am not going to give you any more clues. You can guess what it is, if you want.

dsc04992mg5.jpg

Poppies done in pastel.

dsc05006bp6.jpg

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nicely done, Falcarius, the improvements from the first is there. :yes:

I only wish I could draw. :D

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Clumsy Flac destroyed his first picture, so he did a quick picture of 'cranes', while he was annoyed. :steam:

batterseapowerstation1tb4.jpg

Battersea Power Station again; I like the other one better.
batterseapowerstation2lt6.jpg

High Street, Oxford: No. 129, No. 127, No 126.

I have decided it is my ambition to paint, draw, and sketch every building on The High: So between the scene of the Saint Scholastica riot and the old Jewish cemetery.(I just realize no one will know what the hell I am on about.:doh:)

Blackwell's

blackwellsty3.jpg

My home.
myhomezj7.jpg

I was looking on google for random architecture, and I drew in charcoal what is supposedly a world famous landmark. Its in California, I am not going to give you any more clues. You can guess what it is, if you want.

Grauman's Chinese Theatre.