• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Official and Revolutionary DDR Appreciation Thread

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Before the land of modern rhythm games like Guitar Hero, and modern dance games like Just Dance, there was a time where flashing arrows and catchy electro-pop music nearly ruled the world.

This was, and still is, Dance Dance Revolution.

(Yes, we can also include related games in here, like PIU, ITG, Stepmania, and whatever variant I might have forgotten :tongue: )

Would like to hear any experiences of those who used to play, or maybe still do.

I caught on to the trend pretty late in the game, and my lack-of-coordination/spaciness is such that I could never get really good, but it was still pretty addicting and I still listen to the songs a lot nowadays.

Speaking of that, the songs in themselves are a bit of an underappreciated art form. So post a couple of your favorite songs :D

(and insert anything else by Naoki)

And any signs of this being revived? Can it be revived?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good news, the revolution has happened. Well, the re-revolution.

Bad news, there's no DDR anywhere near me. And the Earth is Closed. Oh well.