• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor: One World

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

Also - I don't understand why no one like Christina.... did I miss something in one of the early episodes?
I don't know, because she's been my choice to win it since fairly early on. Maybe just some hatred lingering from Colton's Overlord days?

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I don't know, either. I've liked her since the start too, and they've certainly not shown us anything to make me want to change my mind. A lot of post-boot interviews have described her as someone who is aggravating and rubs people the wrong way, but that hasn't been apparent on the show. The only thing we've seen on the show that I can relate to that is her tendency to take action on her own (re: the whole exchange weaving for fire) without consulting the group and to keep to herself. Of course, perhaps that's why I like her -- I have the same tendencies.

A

Anew Leaf

I don't know, because she's been my choice to win it since fairly early on. Maybe just some hatred lingering from Colton's Overlord days?

I don't know, either. I've liked her since the start too, and they've certainly not shown us anything to make me want to change my mind. A lot of post-boot interviews have described her as someone who is aggravating and rubs people the wrong way, but that hasn't been apparent on the show. The only thing we've seen on the show that I can relate to that is her tendency to take action on her own (re: the whole exchange weaving for fire) without consulting the group and to keep to herself. Of course, perhaps that's why I like her -- I have the same tendencies.

Ok, I am glad I didn't miss something super obvious.

My best guess is that most societies function best when there is an us versus them mentality going on, even within the society itself.

It's funny because Christina is typically the one person who scores on some of these challenges.

I like Kim's game so far. I think she has been making a lot of the right/big moves for awhile now. Chelsea I am not a fan of because she seems kind of like she just rides coattails a bit by being too passive. There is pseudo passive like Kim and then there is aggressive passive like Chelsea.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ya, I wasn't sure about the hatred for Christina either. Before the last episode I was rooting for the Kim/Chelsea/Jay/Brina? foursome. At this point I think Kim deserves to win. She is controlling the game in a way that hasn't been seen in a while. With pleasant deception, instead of just steamrolling and hoping for a win.

Aaarggg!!!! I had a page of smilies that had a Survivor one, but the domain expired! :cry:

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I think anyone who wins, deserves it from a game perspective. However, I never favor those who exhibit too many negative social traits, such as disproportionate dishonesty, meanness, overly manipulative, etc, especially if I think they are like that in real life.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I think anyone who wins, deserves it from a game perspective. However, I never favor those who exhibit too many negative social traits, such as disproportionate dishonesty, meanness, overly manipulative, etc, especially if I think they are like that in real life.

Y'all are no fun.

RUSSEL HANTZ 2012!

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Y'all are no fun.
RUSSEL HANTZ 2012!
Psychopaths are always interesting to watch. :)

I often wonder why much of the the public adores antisocial characters simply because they are able to win. I'm guessing it has something to do with living vicarious.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This season supports the stereotype that women are much more socially aware than men.

Kim is eating them up. She is a master of the game. Love her three way divide and conquer tribal counsel tactics. Great poker face too.

Despite admiring the efficiency of Kims game I strangly find her relatively repugnant. I guess I could say its her ethics and mind even each other to the point where I am neutral...but on second thought don't think I am being honest with myself and instead sense it may be an ingrained sexist bias against apparent emotionless "robot women".

Jay's obliviousness was annoying and I am glad he got voted off. He had a good inner voice but he kept ignoring it.

Right now my favorite character is Tarzan, but doubt he has a chance and instead really think that the women are going to win this one hands down.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Man what a giant daft bunch of sheep. Christina is an idiot. YOU'LL BE THE FIRST TO GO, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???

I hope Troy or Kim win.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey, y'all ready for everyone's favorite part in every season (sometimes several times a season)? That's right! For the next couple episodes it's...

TOTALLY PREDICTABLE EPISODE MALAISE!

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I alternate between being pissed at their stupidity and thinking they get what they deserve. Last episode was their best chance to make a move but instead they just seemed to have decided to say "Oh, I can do something to improve my game or I can carry on and just wait for them to pick me off when its my turn. Welp, I think I'm just gonna wait for my turn." Dummies!! They're like ducks in a row just waiting for the BB to hit them when they could have prevented the whole thing!! I was pretty much solely rooting for Kim at this point but I like the fight in Troyzan, so now I guess I think it should be one of them. Which, if my record of making the picks is any indication, means neither of them will. Probably Sabrina will win. I hope its not Kat or Chelsea. And on an unrelated but related note, Hey Tarzan, I think instead of repeatedly saying "afoot" you should have been saying "ahead". As in..."there is "ahead" up my a** and its mine, I'm just too dumb to know it!" I wouldn't want him as a plastic surgeon after seeing him on this show. (Not that I need plastic surgery :D )

F

figsfiggyfigs

I alternate between being pissed at their stupidity and thinking they get what they deserve. Last episode was their best chance to make a move but instead they just seemed to have decided to say "Oh, I can do something to improve my game or I can carry on and just wait for them to pick me off when its my turn. Welp, I think I'm just gonna wait for my turn." Dummies!! They're like ducks in a row just waiting for the BB to hit them when they could have prevented the whole thing!! I was pretty much solely rooting for Kim at this point but I like the fight in Troyzan, so now I guess I think it should be one of them. Which, if my record of making the picks is any indication, means neither of them will. Probably Sabrina will win. I hope its not Kat or Chelsea. And on an unrelated but related note, Hey Tarzan, I think instead of repeatedly saying "afoot" you should have been saying "ahead". As in..."there is "ahead" up my a** and its mine, I'm just too dumb to know it!" I wouldn't want him as a plastic surgeon after seeing him on this show. (Not that I need plastic surgery :D )
I don't think he would've become a plastic surgeon had he been stupid. I think he is just bad at social situations. Very bad. I don't know what you expect from a person who spent most of his life studying or in a room cutting someone up in silence. Besides, he's old, and probably has AS.

I will be super pissed if Chelsea wins. She does not deserve it. She's made plenty of mistakes that Kim had to cover up.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm still on Team Christina. She made some dumb moves, but I don't find myself drawn to anyone else. I think I see her as a less ruthless version of Peih-Gee (The really intelligent and cutthroat asian girl from Survivor China). She clearly demonstrated early on that she was intelligent. It's like she just lacks the metaphorical balls to make a move.

Like at the Auction challenge. Its like she knew the smart move (for her team) was to outbid Troyzan... But she just looked nervous/scared. Was she afraid of pissing him off? Or did she just really want to save her money for something she wanted? I don't think it was the latter just because of the stress/anxiety that was on her face during the bidding. I think she's just trying really hard to fly under the radar.

I want her to get a backbone.

F

figsfiggyfigs

If she had a backbone, I'm sure she'd be a lot more well liked, and probably running a different alliance.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] and i just had a ten-episode marathon
and we're all caught up!!!!!!

tarzan is my faveeee, how he's been voting is really
interesting. he's been voting the same as the girls,
and taking out the men. so i wonder what he's up to.
he seems incredibly perceptive, it's almost like he sees
something's about to go down among the girls.

somebody needs to vote kimwhore or chelsea
and her fake titties out pronto mode. chelsea
annoys me incredibly.

[Christina]

....Its like she knew the smart move (for her team) was to outbid Troyzan...

i wonder if she realizes she's at the bottom of the food
change for the sab-kat-kim-chelsea alliance though.
i thought it was so cuntty for the girls to bitch afterwords
on how christina ''backed out'' during the bidding.
stfu whores, you all bidded for food, why does it
have to be down to christina.

If she had a backbone, I'm sure she'd be a lot more well liked, and probably running a different alliance.

yeah i was waiting for christina to peak,
but to be honest, i'm very disappointed in
her. i just haven't seen anything yet. i'm
not sure if she has it in her.

at this point, as much as i hate alycia, i
imagine she's still able to stir up some
trouble for the 4girl alliance, because at
least she's aware she's not part of it,
and she switches so easily.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yep, Tarzan is either a sneaky super genius or completely out of his mind. I like Troy a lot even though his recent success in the immunity challenge has given him a little too much bravado, and probably put Kim more on the defensive than she previously thought she needed to be on. Christina and Alicia [who I ate, she needs to be bitch slapped] need to wake up and destabilize Kim and her trio because Kim is running the show and doing very well.

Next episode looks promising because I think Troy's warning starts to sink in and we're giving a view of a crying Kat. Kim's been sitting pretty for a couple of rounds now and these alliances tend to have about a 2 round shelf life. When the women are in tears, it's a great sign.

I'm pretty addicted. When the men were sharing their fire in the earlier episodes I was shouting at the computer, "NO YOU CANNOT LET THEM HAVE FIRE!!!!!! KILLLLLLLLLLL THEM!!!!"

F

figsfiggyfigs

You sound like smileyman when he watched it. I remember being super pissed about it too because I wanted them to nut up and get things done on their own without the men's help. Or at least successfully steal the fucking thing. But nooooo.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Yeah the whole expectation for chivalry was fucking annoying. This isn't the bachelor and if it was any other season they'd be on different beaches too and what would they have done. The worse was when the women went over to the men's camp after the first storm they had without the tarp, and they were just birthing about they wanted to warm up by the men's fire. Ugh

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yeah the whole expectation for chivalry was fucking annoying. This isn't the bachelor and if it was any other season they'd be on different beaches too and what would they have done. The worse was when the women went over to the men's camp after the first storm they had without the tarp, and they were just birthing about they wanted to warm up by the men's fire. Ugh
I know. It utterly angered me. It was just pathetic. And on top of that, some females were like " they're so rude, where is the chivalry? I mean, we don't expect much, we were COLLLDD"
You're cold because you lost the fucking tarp, you idiot.
Man... I'm getting angry again.