• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what bands did you grow up on?

Permabanned
black sabbath -I found a lonely vinyl I'd blast away to exhaustion - ac/dc, nirvana, aerosmith, metallica, manowar, the offspring, and the list goes on until the internet came along with exposure to other genres. also terrible 90's techno club music.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
started finding music personal around 12, otherwise kind of listened to jazz and random radio stuff

12 - 14 Led zep, Seether, old school Green Day, Metallica, Steriogram, Chillis, FOO FIGHTERS, Pearl Jam. mainly rock
14 - 16 Nile, Spawn of Possession, Greg Howe, Necrophagist, Belphegor, Tom Waits, SOAD, Stone Temple Pilots, JFAC, Converge, NIN. Was getting into more intense and/or expressive music, probably related to my 4 fix and the virtuoisic music, my straight up god tier guitar skills
16 - 18 Coltrane, Louis Armstrong, Horace Silva, Guthrie Govan, some Jaco Pastorious, some classical music. Lots of this was found through other musos + guitar tutor
18+ pretty much everything

I think the FPs have a stronger appreciation for music, personally

G

Ginkgo

Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Metallica, AC/DC, Weird Al, The Offspring, Guns 'N' Roses, Audioslave, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, The Misfits

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't listen to music as a child, but as a teenager I mainly listened to black and doom metal.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
classical - chopin, bach, mozart, beethoven, lizst, schubert, palestrina. we had 4 pianos in our home and i spent all my time in our music room, which housed an antique Steinway player piano...i would pop in a roll of something magnificent and lose myself in books while the possessed piano performed for me. i broke it once, asking it to play rachmaninov's piano concerto no. 3 too many times in a row.

...my little sister would often find me face-down in a book in the morning and would wake me with pachabel's canon in D. i still get sentimental when i hear that piece.

the rest is part of the landscape but had less of an impact:
punk - dead kennedys, the germs, gg allin
electronic - kraftwerk, depeche mode, bjork
semi-violent industrial electronic (the best flavor) - front 242, NIN, nitzer ebb
metal - metallica and various unmentionables thanks to my older brothers
salsa, merengue, and (yes) mariachi - no need to distinguish here
opera - ditto

ETA: haha i guess classical composers aren't 'bands' are they.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As a kid:
The early beatles
aerosmith
Queen
eminem
random 90s pop hits my mom would listen to ("how bizarre", salt and pepa, chumbawumba, alanis morisette, the cranberries, corrs, sex and candy, ect.)

Middle school
David Bowie
Nirvana
Red hot chilli peppers
Everclear
No Doubt
Smashing Pumpkins

High School
White stripes
yeah yeah yeahs
velevet underground
white stripes
devo
iggy pop and the stooges
The ramones
the clash
the misfits
the germs
X
Adolescents
MInor threat
Black flag
Dead kennedys
THE TALKING HEADS
the pixies (I remember writing this all over things)
MIA
Ludacris
lil jon

College
A deeper appreciation for the late beetles and Michael jackson
beach house
future islands
Miss ludella black
Arcade fire
Bikini kill
le tigre
crystal castles
the knife
elliot smith
feist
TV on the Radio
ODB
wavves
best coast
smith westerns
sufjan stevens

I also really enjoy world music/global folk music so thats sprinkled through out.