• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
"The Frogs and Toads of North America" - By Lang Elliott, Carl Gerhardt, and Carlos Davidson

No!!! Seriously... I AM! It's my current bathroom break book ;)

Nothing like learning frog while dropping off a package. As for fiction, I'm on a self induced strike until Christmas, when I'll be getting a Kindle (I HOPE!!!). I refuse to buy another paperback before then! :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL @ bathroom break ..... I have glamour magazine for that....

OK Last night I finished Mr Nice - about a dope smuggler, ENFP (or J) so obvious... very engaging but still a drug smuggler - doing the usual I'm not a bad villan, and to be honest you get the impression he wasn't killing people

Started Murder in Binding... by Lorna Barrerr, which seems OK, light enough

I have a whole pile of books for the holidays...

theplacesyoullgo

I've been working on a biography of [ENTJ] Alexander Hamilton (by Ron Chernow) for what it feels like forever. It's incredibly good, just a bit draining to read. Plus, now I want to savor it.

lua

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm awful at reading finishing books.

My solution: quote books. ;) For now, a 1920s copy of a Ralph Waldo Emerson collection.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Patrick Sueskind - Das Parfum
Juan Roederer - Information and its Role in Nature

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
just finished Dan Brown, and started

Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie...

I think it will be an extention of thinking of the Dan Brown thing

veins

Finished re-reading Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl.

Starting on The Art of War by Sun Tzu now, since it's been brought up in conversation earlier tonight. And, Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. Since I mixed up the names in that same conversation.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Phantom Menace (Star Wars Episode 1) by Terry Brooks.
Way better than the movie (which isn't hard tbh).

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
im reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
although i find her philosophy extremely cold, and well impossible and contradictory, its very intersting and we could all learn alot from it nonetheless.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
I keep meaning to read that, I have just had such a hard time focusing on anything lately. I'm reading Freakonomics and the current Scientific American Mind.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just started reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I'm not sure if it's the translation, but so far I'm underwhelmed by the prose and dialogue.

im reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
although i find her philosophy extremely cold, and well impossible and contradictory, its very intersting and we could all learn alot from it nonetheless.
I love that book, I couldn't put it down. But yes, her philosophy is kind of unrealistic--she takes some decent ideas and pushes them to a ridiculous extreme.

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
about 15 different books relating toBritish Liberalism in the mid nineteenth century.. YAWN...

Actually it is pretty interesting!

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Spinoza - Ethics
Bertrand Russell - ABC Of Relativity

LIND

MBTI Type
ENTP
'THE PARADOXES OF DELUSION'-LOUIS SASS
'REVELATION-FROM METAPHOR TO ANALOGY'-SWINEBURNE

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas atm. It's an absolutely insane book, Hunter S. Thompson is a true visionary. The writing is fast-paced, paranoid and hilarious, and the attorney character is one of the better sidekicks I've seen in a book. His 'as your attorney I advise you to' statement that he uses for everything from asking for mescaline to advising Thompson's character to order a chiliburger is just side-splitting, as is the extreme misunderstanding of 'marijuana addicts' that is represented at the Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Convention.

I'm loving it so far. It's funny, insane and crazy.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
Usually have several books on the go at one time involving new and ongoing interests.
Current new topic: Darwin's Black Box