• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
I never go anywhere without a book. I once locked my book in my car with my keys. I first went to buy a book and then called AAA.

Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Books? The things made of paper, right?

Just kidding. I'm reading Children of Dune right now, but losing interest. I'll probably keep reading it on and off for a few months, like I did with the Night's Dawn trilogy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the 2nd time (I enjoyed it so much the first time! :)): From Dawn to Decadence : 1500 to the Present. 500 Years of Western Cultural Life, by Jacques Barzun

And am about to also begin The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima

Last edited:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here are some classic chestnuts worth reincarnating...

"The Yellow Stream" by I.P. Standing
"The Open Kimono" by Semour Hare
"The Hawaiian Prostitute" by Wanna Layahora
"My Shotgun Wedding" by Himalaya Last
"The Russian Rabbi" by Ikan Kutchadikoff

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

Better late than never.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reading Hard Times by Charles Dickens, and so far it's absolutely great. I think it's going to be my favorite novel of his--very fun, and it touches on a theme close to my heart.

I was trying to read Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami, but I stopped halfway through. I really didn't like it--too aimless and flat. I don't think I'll pick up anything else by him.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

A Natural History of Human Emotions - Stuart Walton

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Philip K. Dick: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Ernest Hemingway: A Farewell to Arms

P

Phantonym

Scribal Culture and the Making of the Hebrew Bible by Karel van der Toorn

It's pretty interesting.

Kanamori

I just finished the new Wheel of Time book. In some places, you can easily tell it's a different author but not in other places. It has a much more somber mood than any of the others too. The story is definitely coming to its end.

Now, Blink and some essays on the Financial Bailout.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Verdammnis - Stieg Larsson (I totally reccomend the "Millennium" trilogy from Stieg Larsson)
Das Versprechen - Duerrenmatt

I'm trying to keep up my german reading skills.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
The Spire

The Spire by Richard North Patterson

Words like dark, haunting and disturbing are almost understatements when used to describe this psychological mystery/suspense thriller that Patterson is among the best at writing. There really isn’t anything to pick about; it’s narrative is very well-focused and well-edited. Everything ties in. The Spire has all the winning ingredients: depth, convincing characters and dialogue, tense drama, page-turning suspense. No need to go into what the Spire (a monument at the small town college where much of the novel is set) symbolizes, except to say that it becomes the twisted icon of the story.