• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

whatnot

MBTI Type
xNfj
I just started Physics of Consciousness: A Quantum Mind by Evan Harris Walker.

ygolo

My termites win
I was sick today. Spent most of it in bed. So I read the Art of Happiness at Work.

I am now interested in the current Dalai Lama's type. I think he is an ISTP. Maybe an ESTP. Rather different than the stereotypical INFJ spiritual leader.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Currently, "The Cat's Quizzer" by Dr. Seuss, which I'm reading parallel to "Unix: The missing manual." I also just picked up a new dictionary, so I'll start into that later today.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Our Stupid World- the atlas that The Onion put out recently! :D It's hillariously insulting!

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Becoming Justice Blackmun by Linda Greenhouse

O

Oberon

Athenasius, On the Incarnation. I'm also midway through Lewis's Reflections on the Psalms.

I find that the journal Nature contains more stuff than I can profitably read in a typical week.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk

(and [not] oddly enough, while I enjoy the book, I find myself spending much of my time musing on the authors' mbti type - as it's a memoir of sorts. :D I'm thinking INFP at the moment.)

Usehername

On a mission
Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson.

just re-read Snow Crash, and was amazed again!

i own this (crypto) and the beginning hooked me but i can never seem to block off the time to complete it. i heard it is really good so i want to do it properly, and it seems i never get around to it.

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP
Concurrently:

Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon, and when I need occasional breaks, Lunar Attractions by Clark Blaise.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Tragedy of the Commons by Garrett Hardin (1968)

Highly recommended essay.

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
OOH! Well, I was reading Glass by Ellen Hopkins. It didn't take long to read, sadly. Wish I could have savored it longer.:( I like those types of books, they're crazy and I love it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't read often (I really need to) but I read 'Into The Wild' recently. I enjoyed it.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Selected Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

BY RALPH WALDO EMERSON

It contains a ton of his journal writings, along with a bunch of his essays and poems. I've only barely gotten started, but it's still really thoughtful stuff.